Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Missing periods on the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this has probably been asked before, but i did try a search and didn't get anywhere, so if Susie or someone could answer it would be great!
ok, i'm aware that you can skip a period whilst on the pill by running packets together, but i just wanted to check that it was perfectly safe to do so? And reliable?
Thanks a lot guys, just a query really. :)

Comments

• Options
    Yes, it's perfectly safe and reliable, it's how the pill was designed to be used in the first place! You should only take three packs in a row though, because you need at least 4 'bleeds' a year to stay healthy. If you begin to 'spot' blood towards the end of the second/third pack, go to your doctor and ask them to change the prescription, because you probably need one with different balance of hormones in. Hope that helped!
  • Options
    magic, cheers very much! :D
  • Options
    This is something you should talk to your GP or local family planning clinic about, and depends on your general health and the brand of pill you're taking.
  • Options
    ok, thanks Karla :)