Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Opportunity for volunteer actors

PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
We are organising a day out in the open air in London, or in the office in Old Street if it's raining :lol:, with a group of volunteer actors so we can take some photographs for TheSite.org, film real life content and get your opinion on a range of topics relevant for TheSite.org. We already have around 15 people signed up for the day who have applied to be a volunteer actor through our sister website www.do-it.org.uk but wanted to ask you guys if you would like to join us too.

If you would also like to get involved and be part of TheSite.org's future content (for example: Drinking vox pops )- then this is your chance to meet us and at the same time help create some fresh and exciting content. We'll also be providing nibbles on the day.

Date: Friday 15th August 2008

If you are able to and would like to join us, please RSVP: volunteer@thesite.org we'll then send you details of where and what time we're meeting.

If you can't make it, but would still like to be considered for future volunteer actor opportunities then do let us know and we'll keep your details in our database.

Thanks all :wave:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's my birthday :)
  • Options
    Is there an age limit? I mean, are old gits like me welcome?

I'm afraid it is limited to 16 to 24/25 year-olds at the oldest, sorry :-( I'd love to say you could come along anyway but we need to keep to a certain number, really sorry J...

Pearly
  • Options
    Hi,

Could you please PM me or email on julia.pearlman@youthnet.org and I'd be glad to answer any questions you have.

Pearly
  • Options
    Just to let you all know that the day is looming! We have various actors all set to come in on Friday and so are giving you one more chance to get involved if you fancy it.

Lunch has been ordered, the ice breaker has been set (nothing embarrasing we promise) and the park has been reserved (if the weather holds up!)

Multimedia editor: "We'll be giving you some group exercises during the afternoon; these will take place in different locations and will be a mixture of photos and filming. We'll get you to act out some scenarios and photograph you in different situations for the website - this will require a bit of imagination and confidence but will be nothing too demanding. We'll also be filming you to find out your opinion on several different topics - for this you won't need to act but just demonstrate your opinion as best you can. We start at 1pm and hope to be finished by 6pm."

If you are interested please make sure you get in touch so we can put your name on the list so we know a) to expect you and b) that we have enough food in.

If you are a newbie and we haven't 'met' we may ask for you to provide one reference - this won't be a personality reference, simply so you are who you say you are. We can do this on the phone or by fax/email to save time.

Thanks,
    Pearly
  • Options
    Pearly wrote: »
    I'm afraid it is limited to 16 to 24/25 year-olds at the oldest, sorry :-( I'd love to say you could come along anyway but we need to keep to a certain number, really sorry J...

Pearly

More discrimination of us old timers, I've trod the boards on quite a few occasions, you're missing out.
  • Options
    Let's hope it's more of a success than the other one.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Let's hope it's more of a success than the other one.

:yes: very chuffed to say it has been. Still feel bad about the last one, but at least this time we've facilitated the whole thing. :)
  • Options
    That's a better idea, you get more control over it all :)
  • Options
    I wonder how this went?
  • Options
    +Chimpy++Chimpy+ Deactivated Posts: 37 Boards Initiate
    MrG wrote: »
    I wonder how this went?
    Hi McG,

To answer your question, the Big Day Out all went very well - we even had sunshine! There was a good turnout of really enthusiastic volunteers who all got stuck in and helped create some great content; some of the fantastic photos we got will start to appear on the website very soon.

We've already decided that we'll be doing another session in a few months time so we'll keep you posted about when and where nearer the time.

Cheers,
    C.