Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Losing weight.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I would just like to say to all of those who are trying to lose weight then please do it sensibly. I have been on so many diets and just ended up putting on more. I joined Slimming World 5weeks ago and I'm eating loads and I feel great, I've lost 12lbs so far, its weigh in tonight hopefully I can get my stone. I would recommend it to anyone, especially if you have a big appetite. The bets thing is I can still have my favourite things crisps by using my sins.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think things like that are a rip off but it must be motivating to have a group of people doing it together. Keep it up and well done!
    Good for you.

I think those kind of Weight Watchers/Slimfast/etc things are kind of gimmicky (sp?) but if they get results it doesn't matter what I think.

Now once you get to your goal what are you going to do?
    Originally posted by Alessandro
    Good for you.

I think those kind of Weight Watchers/Slimfast/etc things are kind of gimmicky (sp?) but if they get results it doesn't matter what I think.

Now once you get to your goal what are you going to do?

Yep, they are just a way of motivating people. It does work, just at a high cost. LOL remember that comparison I did with a Weight gain drink Alex? :D
    Once I get my goal hopefully the diet will be part of my lifestyle so I won't put it all back on again. I lost 4lbs last night so it means I've got my stone award, in all I've loast 1stone 2lbs. As regards to the price its only £3.75 a week it does add up but the classes are fun and people really keep you motivated.
    Well done-im glad its worked for u! what exactly is the diet then?i have a big appetite too and was wondering if you could give me any tips! thanx xXx
    It's really simple. There is two types of plans, original and green. On the original plan you can eat as much lean meat as you want, and on the green plan you can eat as much pasta, rice and potatos as you want, these are known as free food, food that is free on both plans are vegetables, fruit, muller light yoghurts.You then get 3 healthy extras one A and two B, on A it is milk and cheese and the B's are soup, bread, meat and pasta/rice/potatos(depending on what plan you are on). They then give you between 5 and 15 'sins', I use these for crisps or mayonaise,chocolate, alcohol. Its easy to swap unhealthy things for healthy things, I use fromage frais which is free season it and it can be used as mayonaise or you can put an options chocolate powder in it to make a chocolate mouse. Chips are also free if you part boil them and put them on a baking tray spray with frylight, they are yummy.
    is there anywhere i can get a list or something of all the different foods? i know i should just go to the class, but i can't afford it! my sister says this diet is very effective. cheers xx
    You could try the website www.slimming-world.com
    Slim Fast

The Slim Fast milkshakes are pretty good and I found they did work, as long as you keep them up for more than a week. The only thing was that they god a bit boring after week what with having 2 a day lol. I ditched the idea, now I'm just watching what I eat and sorting the exercise thing out!
    Re: Slim Fast
    Originally posted by BLV
    The Slim Fast milkshakes are pretty good and I found they did work, as long as you keep them up for more than a week. The only thing was that they god a bit boring after week what with having 2 a day lol. I ditched the idea, now I'm just watching what I eat and sorting the exercise thing out!

Yeah they do work. Have two a day (chocolate tastes best) and some fruit then a proper meal in the evening. You can have healthy snacks too.
    BUT, a friend of mine said it didn't work for her, we later found out that she was eating crisps ans chocolate when she got home from uni!!

A tip though, they are expensive (RRP £1.15) but you can get them in Savers for only 69p, or a multipack of 6 for £3.99 (RRP £7).
    I don't know if Savers is a national chain though!
    *cough* Weight watchers Shakes *cough* :D:D:D

sorry just a bit of an in joke between me, Allessandro, and other people who know about them....
    I've never tried weight watchers or any diet product but i was just wondering why they actually work when you can still eat some 'junk food'? Is it that you're actually eating less than you normally would therefore lose weight. I can imagine if you wanted to lose weight and you went to a weight watchers centre would encourage you to do it with all the other people supportiung you.