Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nudity

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    well, this is personal preference and like I said probably conditioned. 'We' don't have a nude chromosome in us. I was hesitant and uncomfortable too the first times I went to a sauna, but after some time you realize it just doesn't make a difference. I think it finally clicked when a guy and his girlfriend struck up a convo in the sauna with me and a mate and the feeling was exactly the same as if we were in dress and tuxedo dining in a posh restaurant.

It's not an exhibitionist or pervy thing, but that's very difficult to explain, without being familiar with those customs and I won't hold it against you, that you would never be naked before anyone you wouldn't sleep with. I would probably be like that too living in the UK. Without wanting to generalize, I think big parts of the UK are very conservative in this matter.

I think it's just important that you are not biased towards other customs. One could say austrians are pervy, one could say British folks are stuck up and restricted.

Good post. While it's not that common to be naked around the opposite sex, most Icelanders don't bat an eyelid at getting naked in the changing rooms in the local swimming pools or at gyms. It's just one of things we do and people don't think anything about it. I've been stripping down naked in front of others since I was a kid and it's never been an issue.

It just boils down to what you're used to.
  • Options
    But her mannerisms at the time didn't suggest she was uncomfortable - after all she didn't have to get naked in front of me, she could have got naked in another room, wrapped a towel around her and then lost it just as she got in the tub.

She stripped off in front of me, if she didn't want me to see her do it then she should have either stripped in another room, kept her underwear on or even just not got in the tub.

Why should she have had to go through all that hassle in order to not be stared at by you? Naked or not, it tends to be good manners not to stare at people.
  • Options
    well, this is personal preference and like I said probably conditioned. 'We' don't have a nude chromosome in us. I was hesitant and uncomfortable too the first times I went to a sauna, but after some time you realize it just doesn't make a difference. I think it finally clicked when a guy and his girlfriend struck up a convo in the sauna with me and a mate and the feeling was exactly the same as if we were in dress and tuxedo dining in a posh restaurant.

It's not an exhibitionist or pervy thing, but that's very difficult to explain, without being familiar with those customs and I won't hold it against you, that you would never be naked before anyone you wouldn't sleep with. I would probably be like that too living in the UK. Without wanting to generalize, I think big parts of the UK are very conservative in this matter.

I think it's just important that you are not biased towards other customs. One could say austrians are pervy, one could say British folks are stuck up and restricted.

I didnt assume they were pervy or exhibitionist. I just assumed that it was more common to be naturist or at least not particularly phazed by nudity in Austria.
    I think it sounds like more of a healthy attitude tbh, but it isnt that common in the UK, so someone stripping off in front of you would probably have more connotations
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    Why should she have had to go through all that hassle in order to not be stared at by you? Naked or not, it tends to be good manners not to stare at people.

I wasn't staring (although what sort of timescale contitutes a 'stare'?) I just looked her for as long as anyone would if someone got naked in front of you and you weren't expecting it. I 'looked up' more than 'stared'.

To strip off in public and expect no reaction whatsoever is pretty much cloud cuckoo-land talk. If it was a group of only women then that's understandable. But there were 2 fellas there, one her own brother (who wasn't even looking, he was 'concentrating' on one of the other ladies) and myself.
  • Options
    But her mannerisms at the time didn't suggest she was uncomfortable - after all she didn't have to get naked in front of me, she could have got naked in another room, wrapped a towel around her and then lost it just as she got in the tub.

She stripped off in front of me, if she didn't want me to see her do it then she should have either stripped in another room, kept her underwear on or even just not got in the tub.

I can understand her not having an issue stripping down in front of you, but it's noway near a sure 'invitation' if you get what I mean. Especially if other people were around...

Just don't try to read too much in it. If you want to develop something with her, work on it, if not, then not, but don't use this strip as reasons to do it (or not).
    I didnt assume they were pervy or exhibitionist. I just assumed that it was more common to be naturist or at least not particularly phazed by nudity in Austria.
    I think it sounds like more of a healthy attitude tbh, but it isnt that common in the UK, so someone stripping off in front of you would probably have more connotations

Oh alright, I thought you were just kidding anyway :razz:
    Jaloux wrote: »

agree.
    If she wanted to make a statement towards you, she probably would have more thoroughly (She doesn't seem like the shy one). I don't want to interpret her comment on you looking at her as good or as bad, but as unvalued. I don't think she had a 'plan', other than stepping into the jacuzzi.
  • Options
    I can understand her not having an issue stripping down in front of you, but it's noway near a sure 'invitation' if you get what I mean. Especially if other people were around...

Just don't try to read too much in it. If you want to develop something with her, work on it, if not, then not, but don't use this strip as reasons to do it (or not).

Ah man I don't want to develop anything from it, my original question was why does she seem to think the fact I've seen it all before would be enough reason for me not to be taken aback at her getting naked.
  • Options
    Maybe it was just a flirty friendly comment because you were staring? I wouldn't have paid much notice really. (to the comment, lol, not the naked bit, it's kind of difficult not to notice)
  • Options
    Ah man I don't want to develop anything from it, my original question was why does she seem to think the fact I've seen it all before would be enough reason for me not to be taken aback at her getting naked.

I didn't say you do.

Maybe she doesn't. Maybe she just wanted to play it off, because she saw you ogling, maybe she took the piss to make you uncomfortable, whatever it is...
  • Options
    But I wasn't ogling, staring, perving or anything - I just looked up and felt taken aback that she stripped off apparently without a care. She seemed to be reacting to my surprise rather than feeling threatened or anything like that.
  • Options
    cock tease - she wants to know she still got it and your wanting to have look at the goods:p
  • Options
    Fun fact: I went swimming with a mate of mine yesterday and told him about the story in this thread, how they went back to the brother's and went bubble bathing and how she stripped off.

He didn't quite get it and asked, "so who was there? The Ex, the brother? She? and other girls?" - "yea." - "so she just stripped off before the ex and the brother? Where exactly is the problem now?" :lol:

I have two sisters as well, but I wouldn't want to be seen naked by them :no: So it's a personal decision/custom.
  • Options
    Was out with some mates I hadn't seen in a few years last night (lads and ladies) and one of them was this girl I used to go out with 6 years ago.

Her brother is loaded as hell and we all ended up back at his place and in his garden he's got a heated hot-tub.

A few of us ended up in it, he had trunks on and he lent me a spare pair of beach shorts, 2 of the girls went in in their underwear and my ex climed in au naturel. As she stripped off she could see I was looking at her, I wasn't perving I just was taken aback at her stripping off so easily and felt a little uncomfortable as 6 years ago my nose had repeatedly been up her arse-crack (ok not literally but we had a very adventurous and energetic sex life).

When she saw me looking she said "Ah come off it, it's nothing you haven't already seen".

This is what I don't get - what point was she trying to make? She had an amazing body back then and approaching her 28th birthday it's lost none of its firmness, Did she think that after 6 years I'm not going to be attracted to it?

Help me out here ladies....

Why did you two break up ?

A.
  • Options
    We got one really well (we got off pretty well too ;)) but she was intelligent and just finishing her degree and I was thick as pigshit. Once her studies were done she wanted to travel the world etc but I had a secure job I didn't want to leave. We kinda moved in different circles too - she and I got on fine but my friends didn't like hers etc

We decided to stay on good terms and pretty much have done ever since.
  • Options
    We got one really well (we got off pretty well too ;)) but she was intelligent and just finishing her degree and I was thick as pigshit. Once her studies were done she wanted to travel the world etc but I had a secure job I didn't want to leave. We kinda moved in different circles too - she and I got on fine but my friends didn't like hers etc

Has she now travelled the world?

Would she be interested in trying again?

I must admit to intrigue with regard to her nakedness in the pool but the two factors I cannot comment on are 1. the female side and 2. the foreign side... Austrian girl.

I'm very much wanting to quote Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber about the shrimp and the barbi but I'll refrain.

Your options appear to be, pursue it based on your history and what you know or drop it. Pretty logical and black and white but I'd recommend against a veritable "fuck buddy" scenario as the chances are one of you may not like the situation. But that's by the by and an after though by me.

A.
  • Options
    Cheers, although I'm not really after guidance on what to do. Just for an explanation on her response.

We're different people now, very different. She's rather arty and middle-class, I'm typically blokely and working class.

I don't really mean to make it sound like a class thing but we are different in many ways, too many ways for it to work - and I've never had luck with recycling lovers.