Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nokia N95 8GB

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone got one?

I am intrigued to know how long the battery lasts for under usual day to day use...like texting through the day and a couple of phone calls etc.

And of course any other opinions are grateful!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Dinted wrote: »
    Anyone got one?

I am intrigued to know how long the battery lasts for under usual day to day use...like texting through the day and a couple of phone calls etc.

And of course any other opinions are grateful!

Thanks

i have one, i love it, by far the best phone i have ever had, way better then the iPhone, anyways i get about 2 days battery life, i make between 5-8 calls again, last anywhere between 2 to 30mins, and text a lot, I also check my emails on the phone all day long.
  • Options
    It's a decent phone - I am using one at the moment for some testing of VF Aus/NZ clients. Much much better than the N95.
  • Options
    I also have one. It's really good, I use it all day and really hammer the battery with MSN, email, internet browser running. The battery will last a couple of days under that usage. Even when I spend several hours using the GPS it will last at least a day. So with normal text messaginng and calls it would last a while.

The screen is great, not as big and beautiful as the iPhone, but it's still bigger than most phones of this form factor. The wifi is good too. The camera is quite good, 5MP. One of the best things about it is the availability of symbian applications to get the most out of the phone.
  • Options
    Yeah, I've recently upgraded from a N73 to the N95 8GB.

It's a nifty little thing I must say! Theres no 'laggyness' when doing things, and the battery life depends on what you do. I've left mine on 2/3 days with only doing phone calls and texts and maybe a picture or two.

So it all depends on what you do, but yeah It's a cool phone!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Yeah, I've recently upgraded from a N73 to the N95 8GB.

Funnily enough I'm considering exactly the same move, I'm due an upgrade next month and fancy the N95 8GB.

My only concern is I dont know if 3 have put any other Nokia's on the market that are any better.
  • Options
    Well at the moment, nope they don't have anything good coming until Aug/sept

So your better off going with N95 8GB! :)
  • Options
    I wanted it the first time, but it was just about out on the market and was £££££££££££!!

I'm intrigued into the GPS though certainly, think it would be something I would use quite a lot. Does it pick up speeds (ie incar etc?)
  • Options
    Orange want to charge me £150 to upgrade to it.

If i was a new customer its free.

I'm gonna pull the old i'm leaving unless ....... card on them.
  • Options
    Well 3 have had best part of £600 from me during my 18 month contract so they better make me a good offer :lol:
  • Options
    You won't get the phone for free unless you go on a 35+ contract.

My new contract will be 35 a month, unlimited texts,750 mins :) Plus the normal goodies!

I've not used the gps in car, or at all pretty much. But I used it with the wifi and it picked up my location rather quick :)
  • Options
    Are you on 3? Mine is £35 currently so might be lucky.

Might argue with them over it and talk them down a bit ;
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    I'm intrigued into the GPS though certainly, think it would be something I would use quite a lot. Does it pick up speeds (ie incar etc?)
    When you use Nokia's navigation software I don't think it tells you the speed. But there's another application called Sports Tracker, which allows you to record the speed and location while you're running, cycling, driving or whatever. That displays speed, altitude, etc. There's also another app to give you UTM data from the GPS for map reading - I took it when I last went on a hike, it was very useful! I also have an app which automatically tags my photos with GPS data which goes into the EXIF so you know where the picture was taken!
  • Options
    Are you on 3? Mine is £35 currently so might be lucky.

Might argue with them over it and talk them down a bit ;

Whats the length of your current contract? I'm on one of there very old plans '45 a month!'

But the new one is fab, but does not take affect till september :(

But if you on a 35 now, then you should be able to get that dropped possibly! Just give them the old bullshit of 'I'm leaving, I want this, or you can stick it!'
  • Options
    Well I rang tonight on the offchance. Cut the price down to £28 from £35, upped me from 300 mins/1000 texts to 1000/2500 and the phone for nowt.

Still thinking about it!!
  • Options
    Well I rang tonight on the offchance. Cut the price down to £28 from £35, upped me from 300 mins/1000 texts to 1000/2500 and the phone for nowt.

Still thinking about it!!
    Score!
  • Options
    Its strange they gave you 2500 texts, why not just say unlimited?

Im sure im on about o2's fair useage policy or something now... Moving on.
  • Options
    The dumb bint at three never rung me back as promised, I'm gonna go and try and do it in store, see if I can walk out with the phone :D
  • Options
    The dumb bint at three never rung me back as promised, I'm gonna go and try and do it in store, see if I can walk out with the phone :D
    Did she say she'd write the offer in your notes? If you call up again they might still offer the same...
  • Options
    She was doing the whole 'mega mega pressure' thing! I said I wanted some time to think (this was about 5pm) and she said she was gonna ring me at seven as its a 'special one off offer never to be redone' yadda yadda.

In honesty it'll be difficult to get it delivered at home being at work etc so I'm gonna see if I can pick it up in store! Think its possible? I think I may have a bit more negotitating in me, might try and get another £2 off them in store! HAHA
  • Options
    I dunno if they'll offer the same stuff in store, but I'm pretty sure if one person can offer you X then another person can also offer you X... if you push them hard enough! Won't hurt to go into the shop and haggle a bit though!
  • Options
    See what the people in store say, but I did my offer over the phone and I wanted to pick the phone up in store, but she said it would be here next day (But I've finished school now, so I've got nothing to do. :() so I was home! Even though it came 2 days late >:[
  • Options
    Well they are offering it for free now...

but they told me about the N82.......So what do you think to that phone?

From what i read its the same as the N95 but smaller and it's symbian based instead and doesn't crash like the N95 can.

I don't know what to do now...
  • Options
    The N series are all symbian based... N82 and N95 8GB both have symbian S60 3rd edition.

They are very similar, apart from the form factor, and the N82 has a 2.4" LCD QVGA (240 x 320 pixels) display, while the N95 8GB has a 2.8" display. The N82 also has a removable microSD card, whereas the N95 8GB has fixed memory.
  • Options
    Yeah I thought, why wait and get the N82. When it does exactly the same thing just different look?

It's up to you - Personaly I like having the slidey function! :D
  • Options
    I've just been reading about the N96.

Maybe I should get some patience........
  • Options
    I've just been reading about the N96.

Maybe I should get some patience........
    If the N95 8GB taught me anything, it's not to wait for technology! I was originally going to get it at release in November I think, then it was pushed back to December, then January, etc. Pain in the arse!
  • Options
    I know, i've had my K800 for 2 years because when i upgraded last year i got W880 i hated it and the signal was a bag of shite so i have already been waiting bloody ages to upgrade.

Decisions decisions eh!?
  • Options
    I know, i've had my K800 for 2 years because when i upgraded last year i got W880 i hated it and the signal was a bag of shite so i have already been waiting bloody ages to upgrade.

Decisions decisions eh!?
    If I were you there wouldn't be any decision, the N95 8GB is top notch :D
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    See what the people in store say, but I did my offer over the phone and I wanted to pick the phone up in store, but she said it would be here next day (But I've finished school now, so I've got nothing to do. :() so I was home! Even though it came 2 days late >:[

3 mobile shop refused to discuss it with me if I wanted the N95 so rung them and did it that way instead. Managed to get an even better deal than before too. Also been promised next day delivery! The concierge in the flat has agreed to accept the parcel as I'll be at work but for some stupid reason Three can only say where to take it, no special instructions, cue big note on the front door tomorrow telling the delivery man! :mad:
  • Options
    At least 3 have them in stock.

If i choose the N95 it might be 3 weeks before they get them in stock.

They obviously can't brand them quick enough...grr