Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Long distrance relationships.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For all those in LDRs out there, how often do you get to see your partner?

Comments

• Options
    Normally every other weekend, Friday evening to Sunday evening. Occasionally more often, occasionally less.
  • Options
    usually every weekend. but as of this sunday i will no longer be in a ldr i'll have made it back to the real world of not being a student where i can get on with a close relationship :-)
  • Options
    Weekends (well, Saturday night to Monday morning atm). When I was at uni it was every other weekend plus whenever I could afford to go see him. I occasionally visit during the week for a night but that's rare.
  • Options
    So it's just me who when they next see their OH wouldn't have seen him for 2.5 months!
  • Options
    I don't think so, I know some who only see each other maybe once every month / 6 weeks. But it all depends how you feel about it, if it doesn't feel like enough then... ? I've always found LDRs not too be too bad because I don't end up feeling claustrophobic. But then, that all depends on the company ;)
  • Options
    When me and my boyfriend were long distance we varied between every 2/3 weeks to, on a couple of occasions 2 or 2 and a half months, when we both had exams over 2 consecutive months or when I was living in Germany. It really depended on what we had on or availability of money.

Do you normally have such large gaps between visits or is this due to particular circumstances? It's a pain in the arse, but it'll be lovely when you do eventually next get to see each other.
  • Options
    I'm not in a long distance relationship, but I have been through times where I've only seen my girlfirend about once a week, if that.

And to be honest, it just doesn't really appeal to me, so I'd hate it on a somewhat more 'permanant' basis.