Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

man bites dog

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
has anyone seen it? What did you think?

I watched (most of) it last night. I kind of felt immune to most of the killing, but when it got to the rape scene I couldnt watch anymore. It made me feel horrid and I just had to not watch anymore. I tried to come back to it when that bit was over but couldnt face it. I also had nightmares last night and felt weird and kept thinking about it this morning and only am now starting to not have the image keep coming up in my head

Ive not actually been raped in real life but found the depiction in it really disturbing whereas wasnt particularly affected by all the killing.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    J wrote: »
    I think that's because we've accepted death as being natural, but not rape. Strange that.

Although violent death isn't natural.
  • Options
    i think maybe because all the way through it, the guys who were filming it were just passive, watching, even getting upset, but when it came to that scene they ALL raped her, and just the way it was, was so horrible and graphic and realistic. I felt like id really seen somebody being raped
  • Options
    is it a drama? i haven't heard of it
  • Options
    Black comedy apparently. I've found it for £3.96 so it might be worth a watch at that price.

As for rape compared to violence, I think that's mainly down to the fact that one is shown a lot more than the other, so you're more used to it. Presumably though rape in a film is also a lot more difficult to do in the sort of gloryfied way that you see violence occur, and so by definition it's always going to be a lot more realistic (with the exception of The Evil Dead). I reckon over the top violence doesn't especially affect people emotionally, because it's so obviously fantasy.
  • Options
    comedy?

I guess in a way, yeah, but in a haha :eek2: sort of way
  • Options
    i saw this film quite a few years ago now and actually thought it was pretty piss poor, no real depth to it at all for me. Just a glamourous way of filling a couple of hours with violence just as other similar films have tried to do since namely Baise Moi and irreversable...again both shite.
  • Options
    oh i have baise moi, havent watched it yet