Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Chat tonight 7-9pm

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    **Helen** wrote: »

Well You might do, but dont be so presumptuous ;)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Well You might do, but dont be so presumptuous ;)

:D
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Not unless I can hack the work computers you won't :(
    if i remember i might
    I will HELEN on MY SEXY NEW LAPTOP
    I'll be there.
    You won't see me there. Instead, I'll be stuck as usual listening to people whinging about grabber machines not giving them teddies, or kids following me around the arcade as I desperately try to ignore them.
    *Ashley* wrote: »
    I will HELEN on MY SEXY NEW LAPTOP
    How can a laptop be sexy? :p
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    You won't see me there. Instead, I'll be stuck as usual listening to people whinging about grabber machines not giving them teddies, or kids following me around the arcade as I desperately try to ignore them.

Oh wow....you work in an arcade?! :D Is it ever fun? Or only ever as annoying as you make it sound?
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    It's open :)
    i would if i could but i cant. my puter is playing silly buggers with me

:mad:
    HanHan wrote: »
    Oh wow....you work in an arcade?! :D Is it ever fun? Or only ever as annoying as you make it sound?
    This depends entirely on your definition of the word "fun". If you enjoy learning about arcade machines (over 400 of them, if you please!) and how they work, you'd like it. I do, which is just as well! Aside from that, you've also got free sweets and free credits on most of the machines when you're off-duty. It's been far better than I ever anticipated.

It also depends on how busy things are, and when you're "walking the floor". This means you walk around the arcade with a set of keys and a radio, dealing with problems as they arise, keeping the arcade tidy and kicking out people who come in with alcohol. If you're on the floor on a busy Saturday night, the job can be absolute hell, although this depends entirely on who's on the holiday park that week. You're sorting out a problem with a machine, and you've always got one customer who seems to think that you should be helping them instead. What the hell is wrong with waiting two minutes? If I'm busy, I'm busy. Bugger all I can do about that.

On the other hand, if it's a really quiet Monday afternoon with everyone outside in the sunshine, it can be boring as hell. We normally use the dayshifts (10am-5pm) for re-filling machines with teddies, sweets, prizes and anything else that may need doing. But once that's done, if there's hardly anyone in the arcade, it can be incredibly boring. Either way, you can end up walking several miles a day in there! Any more questions, send me a PM!