Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Weird pmt/period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else feel really sick during their period? or get other strange symptoms?

My period started yesterday and I've been feeling really sick ever since and feel a bit burpy too! Yesterday I was feeling very low and really out of it, I didn't know what I was doing half the time. I haven't bled at all today though.
I always get pregnancy paranoia because I get weird symsptoms like this!

Comments

• Options
    I normally don't suffer that much but due to prescription medicine I didn't bleed last month, this month I have had nausea, terrible pain, so much so it hurt to walk and I am feeling so depressed and unhappy I didn't even think I could get up this morning but I had to or I would have got into trouble with work and everyone knows that something is wrong with me !
  • Options
    Don't mean to add to your pregnancy paranoia, but when my friend found out she was pregnant, she only bled for one day and that's what prompted her to buy a test.. :s
  • Options
    I don't want to add to the paranoia either, but I was "burpy" and spaced out in the very first stages of pregnancy. Never really lost the spaced out part... So yeah, don't want to scare you, but it would be worth doing a test if you don't bleed any more - or even if you do, just for peace of mind. Was the bleeding you did have yesterday "normal" for you i.e. what you usually get on the first day?

That said, since having my children I have suffered from pretty bad nausea at the beginning of my periods which always gives me a fright. Should be used to it by now, but our bodies definitely do strange things and there's no second guessing them. Definitely best to do a test since pregnancy is a possibility, I have an emergency supply to quell my monthly panic-stricken state!

Very strange thing to say - but I wish you a long and healthy period ;)
  • Options
    I really don?t think I?m pregnant because I?m on the pill. I am the type of person though to google every symptom I ever get to see what?s wrong with me! Which I have already done today. But I do sometimes get these random symptoms which is why I get praranoid about being pregnant a lot. I really don?t think I am preggers though
  • Options
    Ah ok, well maybe you've just got google paranoia combined with the wonderful capacity of the female body to keep us fretting and guessing... it happens to most of us I'd say :razz: Any other symptoms?
  • Options
    just feeling hot, headachey and loss of appetitie. but I've been paranoid about being pregnant so many times now that i know I'm not! haha.
  • Options
    I always feel nauseous on my period and I can always really feel physically that the nausea stems from my womb and the bottom of my stomach. I usually get headaches on the first dad and don't feel like eating then.

Is this out of the ordinary for you, or do you get this each time?
  • Options
    I know someone who has had 3 children whilst being on the pill though!

But my friend often feels sick and sometimes faints it gets that bad.
  • Options
    I always feel nauseous on my period and I can always really feel physically that the nausea stems from my womb and the bottom of my stomach.

I get this as well and have thrown up a few times.:(
  • Options
    Well my period definitely only lasted a day and it was very light but I usually have light periods anyway (although they last 3 or 4 days). Still feeling sick and this morning I couldn?t eat my breakfast. Decided to do a test to be sure and it was negative as expected. No idea why I?m feeling like this though. I?ve been feeling really spaced out again too. Hopefully it will pass. I?m going to Glastonbury tomorrow anyway so I?m sure I won?t have time to think about it!

good to see that other people get naseous on their period too!
  • Options
    lipsy i feel very sick during my period, i even throw up if ive eaten that day, i cant eat usually as i feel to sick, so i dont have an appetite :(
    also i feel very hot even if its freezing cold, i get soaked in sweat (sorry for the graphic details)
    i just stay in bed as im in a lot of pain as well, sometimes my prescribed painkillers do not work.
    this is not a rant at periods hehe although i hate them and wish they was not a part of life. :D
  • Options
    I have very short periods and always feel sick on the heaviest day. I get really bad stomach ache and go off my food and generally just look like a mess. So it could just be how your periods are. Mine haven't always been like this, they just gradually got worse.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I really don?t think I?m pregnant because I?m on the pill. I am the type of person though to google every symptom I ever get to see what?s wrong with me! Which I have already done today. But I do sometimes get these random symptoms which is why I get praranoid about being pregnant a lot. I really don?t think I am preggers though

I fell pregnant with my son on the pill, it's not 100%