Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

MUSiC! What's YOUR style?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
If you don't already know, I LOVE my music, so I was wondering what kinds of music YOU liked. For me, it's mainly...um...everything. lol I'll listen to anything from Frank Sinatra to Flyleaf back to Bob Marley...and the Beatles...of course. lol...so what about you?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    House music in all its varieties for me - funky, progressive, electro, and the like - although I like the occasional breakbeat and trance record.
  • Options
    Rock/metal/punk/pop punk/emo etc. Proper music made with passion.
  • Options
    UK Hardcore (Happy, Freeform e.t.c), Gabber, Trance, Hard Trance, Drum & Bass, Techno, Hard House, Jungle, Old Skool...

Also some Hip Hop, Nu-Metal, Rock, Ska and Reggae.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    UK Hardcore (Happy, Freeform e.t.c), Gabber, Trance, Hard Trance, Drum & Bass, Techno, Hard House, Jungle, Old Skool...

Also some Hip Hop, Nu-Metal, Rock, Ska and Reggae.

Ever heard of Bob Marley? Prolly, but if not, you'd like him...if you like reggae...he's the KING of reggae. :yes:
  • Options
    MidnaL101 wrote: »
    Ever heard of Bob Marley? Prolly, but if not, you'd like him...if you like reggae...he's the KING of reggae. :yes:

Lol Yeah I know Bob Marley...legend.
  • Options
    Proper music made with passion.

What's non-proper music? :chin:

Me, all sorts...gabber, hardstyle, hard trance, trance, hardcore, 80's alternative and new wave stuff like The Cure and The Smiths, some metal, classic rock, certain rap, classical, some pop. :)
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    What's non-proper music? :chin:

Me, all sorts...gabber, hardstyle, hard trance, trance, hardcore, 80's alternative and new wave stuff like The Cure and The Smiths, some metal, classic rock, certain rap, classical, some pop. :)

Honestly, I grew up listening to pop. lol. Now, after a Santana concert, I've grown away from it. (Any Santana fans out there?) But anyway, I completely and utterly WUV The Jonas Brothers...lol.

Play My Music is my frickin' theme song! :D

Btw, pill 'ed:
    Yeah, Bob Marley rocks! In a...chilled, reggae sort of way...lol...I could listen to Three Little Birds all day...and I SHot The Sherriff!
  • Options
    Apart from the woman (character) on I am legend (the film)

who hasnt heard of bob marley?
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »

You know, it's funny, I was JUST thinking about that movie...lol...it's one of my favorites. But you'd be amazed. A LOT of these country hicks down here haven't heard of Bob Marley. :lol:
    I was so upset! No one knew who I was talking about when I busted out the I Am Legend quotes about Bob Marley! :crying:
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »

Deaf people.

I'm ashamed of myself for that :(
  • Options
    Deaf people :lol:

*laughs* Funny. But some deaf people heard of him, cause not all of them were born deaf...
  • Options
    Deaf people.

:lol: Me too....:(

I like that sort of rock that they can't fit into a category, so they just lump it all under the same title of alternative or progressive. Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Flaming Lips, Mogwai, Pink Floyd, Air etc.

Then I like a bit of indie rock, especially recent American stuff like Death Cab and The Shins, but older British stuff like The Stone Roses and The Smiths. And Weezer.

Then I like a good singer-songwriter, usually in the folksy or alternative sort of style, like Bright Eyes, Bob Dylan, Cat Power, Imogen Heap, Tim Buckley, Jeff Buckley etc.

And I also like the odd bit of rockier stuff, like Deftones, Drive-by Truckers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs etc.

So mainly stuff involving a guitar at some point.
  • Options
    :lol: Me too....:(

I like that sort of rock that they can't fit into a category, so they just lump it all under the same title of alternative or progressive. Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Flaming Lips, Mogwai, Pink Floyd, Air etc.

Then I like a bit of indie rock, especially recent American stuff like Death Cab and The Shins, but older British stuff like The Stone Roses and The Smiths. And Weezer.

Then I like a good singer-songwriter, usually in the folksy or alternative sort of style, like Bright Eyes, Bob Dylan, Cat Power, Imogen Heap, Tim Buckley, Jeff Buckley etc.

And I also like the odd bit of rockier stuff, like Deftones, Drive-by Truckers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs etc.

So mainly stuff involving a guitar at some point.

Ooooh! Pink Floyd...love them. We don't need no education....we don't need no thought control.

*sings* Hey, teachers, leave them kids alone!

~*~Midna~*~
  • Options
    alt rock, indie, post-rock, post-punk, punk, ska, electro, metal, folk, noise, avant-garde, experimental, drone, idm, glitch, ambient, psychedelic, trance, prog, dub, hip-hop, grunge, pop, lo-fi, new wave, downbeat, chill out, trip-hop.

god, i feel like i'm on that advert for Radio 1...
  • Options
    O_o wrote: »
    alt rock, indie, post-rock, post-punk, punk, ska, electro, metal, folk, noise, avant-garde, experimental, drone, idm, glitch, ambient, psychedelic, trance, prog, dub, hip-hop, grunge, pop, lo-fi, new wave, downbeat, chill out, trip-hop.

god, i feel like i'm on that advert for Radio 1...
    When you got to the end, did you wish you'd just said "I like all different kinds of music"?! :p
  • Options
    Punk, 'indie', new wave, ska, grunge. Mostly stuff like that.
  • Options
    When you got to the end, did you wish you'd just said "I like all different kinds of music"?! :p

pretty much yeh:D
  • Options
    hard trance, trance, hard house, hardstyle, gabber, dnb, techno

anything with a big fuck off boom :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Love my hardcore (Breakbeat, Hardcore Techno, Happy, Freeform, Gabber, Speedcore etc)

Jungle, Hard Trance, Old Skool Trance

Two Tone Ska, rock, 50's, 60's, 80's cheese, 90's dance.

I liek it all as long as it's good. Good music can come from any genre in my opinion.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Hardcore punk
    Post punk
    Math rock
    Hip hop
    House (mostly French stuff)
    Some 'Indie' (not quite sure what Indie means any more)
  • Options
    I have my leanings but really I like a bit of everything, I'm always discovering new music and realising that my preconceptions were a load of rubbish. The only thing I'm not huge on is R&B but even then there are exceptions.

I suppose - to name names - the genres of artists I usually listen to are reggae, dub, rock, electro, folk, Americana, punk, experimental rock, ska, world music, country, blues and jazz.

Just :heart: music...
  • Options
    Stolen from the last time i answered a thread like this

In no particular order - all D&B except for "intelligent D&B" which annoys the hell out of me, Techno, the byrds, mel and kim, the doors, early rap, gabba, speedcore, Thames Valley shoegazing music, stone roses - happy mondays early madchester scene music, beatles, rolling stones, original 1970's Punk, Prokofiev, Mendelssohn, Tchaikovsky, Faure, Beethoven, Mozart, Holst, San Sans, breakbeat, the backstreet boys, Guns and Roses, Europe, Bon Jovi, Stiff Little Fingers, Iron Maiden, Linkin Park, Vanila Ice, Gram Parsons, Old Skool Dance music, reggetone, dub regge, Bhangra, breakbeat, hip hop, selected R&B, that new kind of indy shizz, rage against the machine, Korn, general kind of metal stuff, RHCP, Groaping for Trout, Barbudos, Early Maddona, Banarama,

I'm sure i could add in loads more thought
  • Options
    it would be easier to say what i don't like her heres what i do:

industrial, techno, hard house, no so hard house, 90's dance, raprock, avant garde, heavy and not so heavy metal, trip hop, IDM, EBM, Punk, trance, cock rock, ska, some indie, new wave, "goth", electronica, grunge, riot grrll, some late 18th and 20 century classical, glam rock, jazz, a bit of rockabilly, alternative, experimental, some DnB, pretty much anything rock, some blues, some singer/somgwriter stuff- david gray and such, musique concrete, minimalism, noise music, cyber punk, electronic art music, tanz metal, some folk, garage rock, flamenco fusion, stoner rock, brit pop,

i'm sure there is more but can't think of any atm..
  • Options
    i like a bit of everything. If I like a song I like a song regardless of style of music.
  • Options
    Motown recently and the Beatles. Also most recent is a certain song by Wreckless Eric. Heh
  • Options
    Hard house, hard trance, hard style, trance, DnB, hardcore (punk and dance varieties, electro, breaks, punk, metal, nu-metal, ska, rock, plus lots of random crap...
  • Options
    I like lots of stuff but someone of which I do enjoy listening to is:

Atmospheric DnB
    Hardstyle
    Progressive and old 90s House
    Dub Techno
    Ambient
    Dubstep (Burial's sort of stuff)
    Trip-Hop
    Acid Jazz
    Hardcore
    Progressive & Epic Trance
    Rock
  • Options
    Indie/Rock/Alternative mainly :p If you're gonna put it all in a box. Bit of metal here and there, bit of pop, bit of hip hop.

I enjoy pretty much everything and am pretty open mided, but thats mainly what i listen to on purpose if that makes sense :p
  • Options
    What's my style? Better than yours. Actually I have no idea I didn't even read any posts...

I just wanted to say that.