Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why am i single ???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im 14 and ive only ever had 2 bf's. when im at school nd boys mess around saying if other boys would go out with me, they no way shes so ugly. i dont how to make myself more attractive nd i dont even know if i'll ever find a decent bf.
1)how can i be more attractive?
2)wat do boys like in girls?

plz can answer honestly.
xx

Comments

• Options
    im 16 and nearly had one. dont panic about it. ive always been a freak.

and for got sake dont end up a plastic. your more likly to end up with a chav.

nothing against plastics, i know a few that arnt like that.
  • Options
    boys like girls they like, especially ones who are friendly but not overly matey

there isn't much u can do to make urself more attractive to an individual person, unless they're really vain about clothing/make up etc

you're young don't feel pressured into having a bf, if you want one fine, but the main thing is find someone you want to spend time with, not just to have a boyfriend

:)
  • Options
    You're 14 - you don't need to worry about this kind of crap. Boyfriends can come later!
  • Options
    I must be 1000 miles out of the loop - what's a plastic?

As for boys who says "no way she's ugly" or similar, they're immature little pricks. Can't imagine you'd want to hitch your wagon to them anyway.

Though I know you think this is patronising, you're still very young yet. Most boys you're meeting now will be through school (is that where you met the two boyfriends you've had?) and they're likely to be largely superficial and childish (as are many of the girls) for a while yet. What they find "attractive" will change a lot over the next couple of years, as will their immature attitudes... though some of them will of course manage to nurture and cultivate such dazzling personalities well into their 20s.

You don't need to change yourself at all, just bide your time and concentrate on meeting new people and having fun. Boyfriends and all that associated drama will come in good time.
  • Options
    you should never have to change the way you are or look for anybody.... the right person will like you for you, and the others are right boyfriends come later have some fun!
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    I must be 1000 miles out of the loop - what's a plastic?

You know Paranoid Android? The people he's singing about. But presumably the 14 year old version of them. Kicking, screaming Burberry little piggy, presumably.

I agree with what's been said. Don't get a boyfriend for the sake of having a boyfriend. If you meet someone you like, then go for it, but don't try and get a boyfriend for the sake of it. And you say you've already had 2 boyfriends, so you can't be that unattractive. But you obviously don't feel attractive, which is what turns people away, or maybe prevents you from going for someone you really like. And if you feel attractive, you'll be confident, and people will be interested in you. The secret is making yourself feel attractive, and I can't really help on this, because I'm not, and never was (contrary to rumours) a 14 year old girl.
  • Options
    a plastic where i am is a person, almost always a girl, who wears make up. a good four inches of it, is always orange, has shiny features due to glossy lip stick, usualy has a push up bra, isnt always the sharpest tool in the box (no offence) and largly thinks the world revolves around them. although, the make up part is the most important. its like they are afriad of their face.

like a mask of foundation.
  • Options
    What I want in a girl is a girl who is physically attractive: pretty face, not fat. Also they've got to have a nice personality and not be bitchy or too loud and aggressive and annoying. Also a girl who has a sense of humour and is interesting to talk to.

A girl who's physically attractive but not that interesting will get more male attention than a girl who's not physically attractive but has a good personality.

That's what I think as a guy anyway. Sorry if I've offended anyone.
  • Options
    James88 wrote: »
    A girl who's physically attractive but not that interesting will get more male attention than a girl who's not physically attractive but has a good personality.

But she'll also get fucked around by blokes a lot more too. And by "not that interesting" I assume you mean that the guy isn't interested in her personality? Everyone's interesting to someone. That's not soppy bullshit, it's true. It's like there's no such thing as a "good sense of humour," there's just "the same sense of humour as mine." So yeah, attractive girls get more interest from blokes, but they also have to work harder to find out whether a bloke is genuinely interested in her in the relationship sense. Because plenty of blokes will string a girl along if he thinks he'll get a bit of sex off a hot girl out of it.
  • Options
    All guys like different things in girls, don't ever change JUST to attract guys. Just be yourself and a nice guy will come along. But you're only 14 so theres plenty of time for that.
  • Options
    there someone for everyone just bide you time and you will find them or they will find you

PS your only 14 go and live life and enjoy there's plenty of time for b/f's
  • Options
    Yeah, like everyone else said, enjoy being that age whilst you still can!
    i didnt get into a proper relationship til i was 20, and theres lots of people on here who were older!!
  • Options
    Can I just ask a question? You say you are 14 in this post yet in another you say you are 15, how old exactly are you!?
  • Options
    im 14 and ive only ever had 2 bf's. when im at school nd boys mess around saying if other boys would go out with me, they no way shes so ugly. i dont how to make myself more attractive nd i dont even know if i'll ever find a decent bf.
    1)how can i be more attractive?
    2)wat do boys like in girls?

plz can answer honestly.
    xx

I'll try and answer both your questions ..

1. I think being attractive is partly about feeling comfortable with how you look. I haven't seen you so I can't comment on your appearance but buy clothes which flatter you and make you feel good and get some make-up which suits your skin tone and looks natural but pretty.

2. I'm not a boy but I'm guessing generally a bit of confidence, easy to talk to and some sort of physical attraction. But don't try and change yourself into something you think a boy might like, like dumbing yourself down etc. Just work on your good bits and hopefully the rest will follow :)

And don't worry about only having two boyfriends by 14 .. I used to hate people being all patronizing when I was younger (like saying, 'oh there's plently of time for that') but it's actually true. It's better in someways to not have a boyfriend for a while then meet someone you really click with than to go out with loads of idiots just to have someone.
  • Options
    a plastic where i am is a person, almost always a girl, who wears make up. a good four inches of it, is always orange, has shiny features due to glossy lip stick, usualy has a push up bra, isnt always the sharpest tool in the box (no offence) and largly thinks the world revolves around them. although, the make up part is the most important. its like they are afriad of their face.

I reeeeally hate all these different labels.
  • Options
    i keep being told this and i keep telling people that they are beings silly, but i do have nearly 5 years on you...

i am 18, I've only had 2 "proper" relationships...I've had a few night stands - WHICH ARE RARELY A GOOD IDEA! But, as i keep having to tell myself- the phrase "good things come to those who wait" applies to three situations, guiness, angel delight, and relationships. And as for how to you make yourself more attractive. scrap that. its how do you make yourself feel more confident and happy with who you are. Start with making your own style, maybe boosting your self esteem a bit, etc... confidence shows more than that 5 pounds you may or may not have gained or lost, or the expencive new dress...
  • Options

Essentially an older version of a brat.
  • Options
    junker wrote: »
    Essentially an older version of a brat.
    no brats can be none of those things

he has essencialy described a eastenders character
  • Options
    When he says a Brat I think he means the dolls.
  • Options
    you shouldnt worry about having a ton of boyfriends at that age, the less the better. a guy likes a girl who hasnt been with too many guys, don't worry you will get a good guy if you wait
  • Options
    The term 'plastic' stems from the movie Mean Girls where Lindsay Lohan is initiated into a group of girls known as the 'plastics' - they're bimbos basically.
  • Options
    As i keep having to tell myself- the phrase "good things come to those who wait" applies to three situations, guiness, angel delight, and relationships.

:yes: :heart:
    And as for how to you make yourself more attractive. scrap that. its how do you make yourself feel more confident and happy with who you are.

:heart::heart::heart:
  • Options
    Seriously, don't worry, I'm 14 also and haven't had ANY g/fs. I jsut think its better to wait, and find someone who you really like.
  • Options
    hey
    I'm 16, don't worry, if ur 14 u've got ur whole life ahead of you
    u are going to find that special someone, and have some realsiton ships before it

all i can say is stop worrying what people think of u
    find a guy that u like that likes you for who you are and take it from there
  • Options
    i never even had my 1st boyfriend until i was in college but have had them ever since. enjoy school whilst you can :] theres no rush and anyway, boyfriends aren't all they are cracked up to be ;)
  • Options
    OP, you only 14, so why worry? There is plenty of time for boys later.
  • Options
    There's more young people on here than I thought!

*waves the 16 going on 17 flag*

Plastic - You forgot that they are sluts!

Yeah to be honest, your only 14! Your be going to partys and that, *cough not drinking* and your bound to meet other people or get to know people better and see what happens. But don't feel like you HAVE to have one.

And yeah a girl whos not had many b/fs is good - They don't look slutty :)
  • Options
    To the original poster: you like sport so just play sport and I'm sure you'll meet guys through doing that.

But you're only 14 so really you want good close friends of both genders and shouldn't really care too much about actual boyfriends yet.
  • Options
    Im 16 and ive had 2 girlfriends.

Dont worry yourself im sure theres other people in the same position just get on with your school life and have a good time and one WILL pop up.
  • Options
    Im sure your not ugly and that your gonna have your fair share of bf's. Your only 14, you've had only two bf's so far thats pretty good. Being a teenager is so tough. Emotions are flying ever which way. Things will get better trust me, I've been there. One of these days a nice boy is going to ask you out, Im sure of it.