Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Did the father do the right thing?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no way dont agree with it at all

its a bit different here though
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Imagine how many fewer crimes would have happened, and how many more dangerous criminals would be in prison, if parents actually did their duty instead of hiding a criminal just because they're a member of their family.
    I would say that anyone doing that is almost as much at fault for the crimes as the criminals themselves.
    why send his son to jail, could have got rid of the stuff and thats that

id never shop any of my family members in unless it was something really bad and unforgiveable
    Imagine how many fewer crimes would have happened, and how many more dangerous criminals would be in prison, if parents actually did their duty instead of hiding a criminal just because they're a member of their family.
    I would say that anyone doing that is almost as much at fault for the crimes as the criminals themselves.

Parents will often believe their kids no matter what.

If you have a 16 year old lad who has been caught in posession of drugs by the police, and he swears blindly to you that he was holding them for a mate, who would you want to believe, your child or the police?

I've yet to meet anyone who picks the police, despite overwhelming evidence against darling little kiddy.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Parents will often believe their kids no matter what.

If you have a 16 year old lad who has been caught in posession of drugs by the police, and he swears blindly to you that he was holding them for a mate, who would you want to believe, your child or the police?

I've yet to meet anyone who picks the police, despite overwhelming evidence against darling little kiddy.
    That's a totally different issue though, isn't it?
    What we're discussing here is people who know their kids are dangerous criminals and still protect them rather than society.
    Even if the child was a complete angel it was the right thing to do.

whether the punishment was appropriate is a separate issue - I think 3 years is a terrible waste of a young man's life - but, a gun FFS.
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Even if the child was a complete angel it was the right thing to do.

whether the punishment was appropriate is a separate issue - I think 3 years is a terrible waste of a young man's life - but, a gun FFS.
    Yeah, I agree about the punishment being too long.