Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Open University

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Just wondering, does anybody know anything/have any experinces with the open uni? As im looking into doing a level 1 course in law with the uni.

* Was it good/bad?
* Would you recommend it?
* Was the course that you did hard?
* Would you do another course with them?

Thanks for any replies x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've done a few courses, level 1 science, and a level 1 residential, then level 2 biology.

The level 1 stuff was great, very in depth but also accessible. During level 1 you get a lot of support, and the pace is tough but managable.

I found though that going to level 2 was a quantum leap in difficulty. There's not as much hand-holding (as you would expect for a level 2 degree course) but because it's self-study that means that you've really got to commit yourself hard to it and really be dedicated to stay on the pace. I fell behind and found it impossible to keep up. But I freely admit that that was because of my own laziness and nothing to do with the OU really.

I would recommend their courses in general, they are comprehensive and engaging. They are not a walk in the park though. Even for level 1 you will have to submit a lot of work. You've really got to want it.