Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

LSD - Just looking for advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm currently 17, I've never taken any illegal or non prescribed drugs, apart from the typical pain killer. I turn 18 in less than 2 weeks, but I don't plan on even touching LSD until I get the facts, and I'm cormfortable. I'm not a idiot who would just take it for the sake of it. I've been researching around for about 2 months or so now, I just keep reading the same stuff, from what I gather, it's a pretty safe drug?

no long term mental and phyisical damage etc. but the only thing that is really knocking me is the trips can last up to 20 hours? Sounds pretty intense incase I had a bad trip.

Anyway, I'm interested too if I was to go into Hospital for any reason relating to taking LSD, what would happen to me legally?

Sorry if this breaks the rules, I'm just interested in learning the facts, LSD is the only drug that I have thought about taking after getting the background on it.

Comments

• Options
    Hi JavaKrpyt!

First of all this isn't breaking the rules, this forum is here for people to get info on drugs. You've made a good choice by doing some research beforehand.

If you haven't been there already, there is some good info about LSD on erowid, including an FAQ.

Trips can really be whatever you make them. 'Set' and 'setting' are the key - set being your state of mind going into the trip, and setting your surroundings, the people you're with, etc. Most of all it's important you're comfortable and relaxed, so be with people you know and trust. You may feel apprehensive about the experience, but as long as you treat LSD with respect and embrace the situation it will be good.

If you follow the above, it's unlikely you'll have a bad trip. This might sound contradictory, but don't over-analyse it - just go with the flow. Taking a low dose the first time is a good idea, so you can get the effects without it being intense. 12 hours would be a more probable duration of the effects.

If things do take a dark turn - which they sometimes do - you can reverse the negative thoughts by staying calm, thinking rationally and talking to your friends. Once you realise everything is in your head, you have the ability to control what goes on up there!

If you had to go to hospital, the thing to do first of all is make sure you don't have any drugs on you! You wouldn't face any legal consequences for being under the influence of LSD, as long as you didn't have any in your possession.
  • Options
    One of the most important things to remember is you can always take more, you cant take it back if you take too much. Start small, ask the person who you are buying it from how strong they are, then half their recommended dose. Give it 40 minutes before re-dosing if it isnt enough.
  • Options
    'Set' and 'setting' are the key - set being your state of mind going into the trip, and setting your surroundings, the people you're with, etc. Most of all it's important you're comfortable and relaxed, so be with people you know and trust. You may feel apprehensive about the experience, but as long as you treat LSD with respect and embrace the situation it will be good.

Very true.

Take it in a safe, friendly, trusted environment first of all ... don't take it and then try and hit the town because you will become agitated at best.

And, if you ever feel that you are freaking out, remember to tell yourself that it is just a hallucination, nothing can hurt you and the trip WILL end.

Personally, I have never had a bad trip because I always remind myself that it's a hallucination and nothing is real. So I usually land up sitting there grinning all the time. Also, I find wearing sunglasses helps if I am in an area where there are lights - which can be a bit bright
  • Options
    I wear my sunglasses on the inside as the lights are always much brighter there.
  • Options
    Ahh, okay thanks for the advice :)
    Just a quicky, is this video like 80% spot on, if you look in a mirror?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9EpnVAl5JA
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Ahh, okay thanks for the advice :)
    Just a quicky, is this video like 80% spot on, if you look in a mirror?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9EpnVAl5JA

Theres no such thing as 100% advice for acid ...it is a very individual and peronal thing.
  • Options
    I know, that's why I said 80%. I guess the way I meant to say it was, is that what to exspect on average?
  • Options
    I know, that's why I said 80%. I guess the way I meant to say it was, is that what to exspect on average?

You did indeedy say 80%:blush:

Don't dwell0on things.
    Go with the intention of having a great time.
    Not as in partying but as in ...a personal voyage of discovery. An education about colour and sound.
    It has to be one of the most interesting things you will ever experience if it's good gear.
    Some of it is so diluted though as to make it a little uneventful.
    Bong disagrees with me and is convinced you canna dilute it.
    If you have enough for a thousand trips and you dilute it with water or alchol ...you can then turn it into ten thousand trips ...gettit?
    As for redosing ...you can't.
    If you decide that you should have taken more ...if the effects have already started ...then you cannot boost it by taking more.
    Hope you have a wonderful journey.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's what draw me to try it.
    Lots of comments I've gotten from people is, it opens your eyes to the world, and makes you think of it in someone else's eyes. Some have said, it tells you the meaning of life.

So it's safe to take with alcohol? I kind of thought taking more wouldn't do much, because some have said you basically can't overdose on LSD. If that is indeed true, more reasons to test it out.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's what draw me to try it.
    Lots of comments I've gotten from people is, it opens your eyes to the world, and makes you think of it in someone else's eyes. Some have said, it tells you the meaning of life.

So it's safe to take with alcohol? I kind of thought taking more wouldn't do much, because some have said you basically can't overdose on LSD. If that is indeed true, more reasons to test it out.

Yes you can drink but will probably be to preocupied to bother.

No you can't overdose.
    The reason you can't redose is that the lsd is out of your system almost imediately ...it triggers somethoing that no one is sure about.
    The next day you could drop again and it won't do a thing.
    We used to drop speed toward the end of a trip and it would squeeze a little more fun out of it for a while.
    LSD is actualy anti addictive.
  • Options
    Sometimes people expect big things from acid and are disappointed with the results. Don't expect to see pink elephants walking around, just take it as it comes and appreciate the subtleties ;) At the least acid will make you giggly and make sights and sounds more vivid. There can be much learned from acid, if you're patient with it!
  • Options
    What's a safe dose for a first timer?
  • Options
    As budda said, it depends on the dosage in the tabs. If they are supposed to be fairly strong and two tabs would do you, then start with one tab.
  • Options
    What's a safe dose for a first timer?

Thats not realy something your going to have much control over ...250 micrograms ...but how you going to measure that?
  • Options
    You did indeedy say 80%:blush:

If you have enough for a thousand trips and you dilute it with water or alchol ...you can then turn it into ten thousand trips ...gettit?

Idiot. LSD is destroyed instantly by tap water(chlorine) and alcohol. Pretty much its either acid or blank blotter paper, no dealer is wasting their time diluting it.
  • Options
    Don't dwell0on things.
    Go with the intention of having a great time.
    Not as in partying but as in ...a personal voyage of discovery. An education about colour and sound.
    It has to be one of the most interesting things you will ever experience if it's good gear.
    As for redosing ...you can't.
    If you decide that you should have taken more ...if the effects have already started ...then you cannot boost it by taking more.

Sometime Rolly you do come out with some real crap.

LSD is a chemical like any other, diluting it even with distilled water isn’t going to make it stronger, just more dilute – unless of course you are convinced by water having a molecular memory.

Of course you can re-dose, if you take one dose an hour after the first it will work – however you are right about the following day.

And no it doesn’t go from the body “almost immediately” its about 4 hours, and we do know roughly how it works we just don’t know why it lasts as long as it does.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    budda wrote: »
    LSD is a chemical like any other, diluting it even with distilled water isn?t going to make it stronger, just more dilute ? unless of course you are convinced by water having a molecular memory.

:yes:

Diluting stuff doesn't effect the potency of the drug just potency of the solution.

You do get weaker trips than others, but I don't beleive it's because people are diliuting the acid, I suspect it's more to do with how well it's produced and the age of the trip.
    To counter that all you do is take more.
    Of course you can re-dose, if you take one dose an hour after the first it will work ? however you are right about the following day.

I've followed up a trip several hours later with another and it blew my mind. Of course you can redose.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    You do get weaker trips than others, but I don't beleive it's because people are diliuting the acid, I suspect it's more to do with how well it's produced and the age of the trip.
    To counter that all you do is take more.

It may well be that because of the expense of making the stuff that doses are spread out further - but its more likely to do with transportation degrading the product, its very liable to become inactive if not stored properly.
  • Options
    Pretty much its either acid or blank blotter paper....

Recently there's been DO* compounds passed off on blotter as LSD.
  • Options
    Recently there's been DO* compounds passed off on blotter as LSD.

5-meo-amt has been found as well as DOM and DOB, but all three are incredibly rare.
  • Options
    5-meo-amt has been found as well as DOM and DOB, but all three are incredibly rare.

No, they're extremely common and are infact predominant in the USA.
  • Options
    No, they're extremely common and are infact predominant in the USA.

I was assuming a largely British audience, I've not seen more than a couple of reports of blotters here containing anything unusual, but I must admit I'm quite far removed from that scene these days.
  • Options
    I was assuming a largely British audience, I've not seen more than a couple of reports of blotters here containing anything unusual, but I must admit I'm quite far removed from that scene these days.

It's a shame we can't get statistics here like you can in the USA what with their Microgram Bulletins and whatnot. Though I think it's a safe assumption that the situation here is pretty similar, I doubt many people would be able to tell the difference between a DO* and LSD; it's possible some people might even think that DO* is LSD if it's all they've ever had.
  • Options
    I suppose so, although both DOM and DOB take a lot longer to take effect and last a lot longer too, esepcially DOB. From what I have read about it 5-meo-amt may be easier to mistake for LSD if you had never taken it before, but as with all the 'research chemicals' their effects do seem to be very varied.

You may well be right in terms of the situation within the UK, the last government report I read didnt comment on any that they had seized and tested.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I been stitched up more on LSD than any other drug. Saying that it's always been dud trips that I've been stitched on rather than any other drug in place of LSD.
    Havn't done acid in a couple of years though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    I been stitched up more on LSD than any other drug. Saying that it's always been dud trips that I've been stitched on rather than any other drug in place of LSD.
    Havn't done acid in a couple of years though.

same here, little pieces of paper with pretty pictures, too easy innit.
  • Options
    If you have a table spoon of liquid LSD you have enough for thousands of trips.
    If you add that table spoon full to a cupful of water
    you have enough to soak a truck full of blotters giving you millions of trips ...but they won't be very strong.
  • Options
    some may even be dud, its hit or miss. i've missed twice
  • Options
    take it with some of your friends, be in a chilled enviroment (like in someones house), watch movies all night, listen to music, bullshit with your friends. that's the best way to do it.
  • Options
    They'll be telling me next
    you can't put it in orange juice.