Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

alternatibe to solpadol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I’ve posted on here in the past about my use of Solpadol (500/30) and that I love the euphoric feeling that the codene (sp?) gives me.

Judging from the excellent replies and answers I had that time it would appear that I do not have a medical problem with them and am not dependent on them either as I was taking them within the prescribed doses and timeframes.

I’d like to move away from them now and was wondering if there are any legal (or legal-ish..) alternatives which will give me the same sort of feeling as codene? I don’t smoke so nothing like what would be suitable.

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nothing that I can think of, codiene is part of the opiate family all of which are controlled and most very tightly controlled.
    crack?
    No
    crack?

helpful :rolleyes:
    Why do you want to use something other than codeine?
    I'm probably building up a tolerance to it now.
    But you're still using it as prescribed? Is the effect lower now?
    Yeah I think so.
    opiates arent a good idea to mess with

codiene-->dhc-->morphine-->methadone-->diamorphine(heroin)

if you aint got a problem then dont be looking for an alternative
    From what I've read on this site codeine is the strongest opiate I'll be involved with.

So are there any non-opiate alternatives which have few (or fewer) risks?
    It wouldn't really be a good idea to recommend another downer to replace the codeine. None would be any better, and tolerance will develop to most drugs.

If you're at the point now where you're only taking a bit of codeine and you don't have a problem stopping, I think you should seriously consider giving it in. Getting into a cycle of using downers will not turn out well in the long run.
    Well to be fair I'd been off them for about 3 months before I had a new batch the other say. I take a lot of bumps and my back usually gets the worst of them and the codeine works like a charm. Thanks for all your advice anyway.
    I likes a bit of codeine, can't think of an alternative though.
    Sikorah wrote: »
    opiates arent a good idea to mess with

codiene-->dhc-->morphine-->methadone-->diamorphine(heroin)

if you aint got a problem then dont be looking for an alternative

wheres the hydracodone and oxycontin :D

anyhow i dont think it'd be a good idea to mix n replace addictions to downers can be particularly nasty!!

diazepam and sleepers will give you a downer buzz but wont be as euphoric (throw in a bit of alcohol to get absolutely rubbered tho!)

me n my bro got through about 60 nitrazepam (relatively weak) there durin the week with a few temazes and yellows threw in for good measure

couldnt walk and absolutely loved it :shocking:
    Thing is, I love the way I feel about myself when I'm on this shit. I'm a hell of a lot more sociable, I'm more friendly, I'm witty as hell, helpful, awesome at my job and everything I wish I was.

So perhaps I'm looking at this the wrong way - maybe I'm need to address whatever it is in my life that makes me a grouchy old fart and stops me from being all the above?

I guess there's a case to answer there.
    wow! codeine doesn't do that to me, maybe you just need to learn a few relaxation techniques and then all that will be yours drug free...
    z- wrote: »
    wheres the hydracodone and oxycontin :D

anyhow i dont think it'd be a good idea to mix n replace addictions to downers can be particularly nasty!!

diazepam and sleepers will give you a downer buzz but wont be as euphoric (throw in a bit of alcohol to get absolutely rubbered tho!)

me n my bro got through about 60 nitrazepam (relatively weak) there durin the week with a few temazes and yellows threw in for good measure

couldnt walk and absolutely loved it :shocking:

*Disclaimer-not complete list of schedule II drugs!
    Besides-you cant get hydrocodone(Vicodin) in the UK

i love benzos's!
    Thing is, I love the way I feel about myself when I'm on this shit. I'm a hell of a lot more sociable, I'm more friendly, I'm witty as hell, helpful, awesome at my job and everything I wish I was.

I had co-damol on prescription and it didnt mellow me out at all, it turned me into a zombie! Wouldnt touch it as a receational drug.
    lol sorry sikorah i though hyrdocodone was a step between dhc and oxy's lol

i love benzos too :shocking: :love: :shocking:
    It’s like this morning. I took 2 codeine tablets and I’m at work and I’m being hyper-professional with clients. I should be like this all the time, but just whilst ‘under the influence’. Whereas some people in this position might be tempted to keep taking them to keep up the feeling, this is why I’d like to move away from them in case it becomes a serious problem. But it just looks to me like there are possible emotional issues going on that I don’t know about that codeine takes care of. Maybe the answer is to see a hypnotherapist to work out what’s going because I become an awesome person when I’ve taken them – and I want to be like this all the time without the need for medication.
    thats often how serious problems/addictions start.
    i almost lost my job the other week when it became obvious i wasnt with it. just that one little pill too many and it was almost game over. im still not on normal duties and its about a month ago.

Z- ,maybe you're thinking of hydromorphone(Perocet)?? im not sure if its stronger or weaker than morphine.