Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nice girl. Shame about the face.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    surely if you are so bothered by someones looks that you start a thread on whether you should stay with them or not, then youre blatantly not attracted to someone.

What the hell is so wrong with her face shape that is a total turnoff???
    is it potato shaped like the guy from mask?
  • Options
    Seemingly he looks for faults in people/women, look through his posts and grasp what he is thinking like.

Like the how to pull girls in 5 easy steps, how shallow could you be?
  • Options
    This thread has made me think so I'd just like to add my 2p worth. For me money is the least important point for me in the relationship, in fact not having any seems to make our relationship stronger

I came out of uni with an overdraft to pay off and a poorly paid job. My boyfriend also has debts from uni to pay off. We're both on about £15k now but I was on much less until 3 months ago. We live in a rented house, its shabby but cheap. We were without a fridge and washer for 2 months before we could afford to buy them. There's a million things wrong with the house and we haven't got a lot of spending money, especially because we're saving up a deposit for a house

But we make the effort to do things together with the little money we have. We bought cheap bikes (£15) from the free ads and go cycling. We bought a second hand tent for a tenner and we're made up with it. We trade in clubcard vouchers for a meal out and a takeaway is a treat. But its something we can do together and we cherish it. And believe me, being without a washer and a fridge for 2 months you really appreciate it when it comes! We bought them together and they're ours. That feels pretty great to us

For me our quality of life is actually improved because we really fucking appreciate what we have got

Don't get me wrong, I look forward to being comfortably off one day, and I know we will be. But having money in our relationship is far from being important. Living life together is important, getting through the bad times and making good times from what you've got, not what you wish you had

End. :)
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    This thread has made me think so I'd just like to add my 2p worth. For me money is the least important point for me in the relationship, in fact not having any seems to make our relationship stronger

I came out of uni with an overdraft to pay off and a poorly paid job. My boyfriend also has debts from uni to pay off. We're both on about £15k now but I was on much less until 3 months ago. We live in a rented house, its shabby but cheap. We were without a fridge and washer for 2 months before we could afford to buy them. There's a million things wrong with the house and we haven't got a lot of spending money, especially because we're saving up a deposit for a house

But we make the effort to do things together with the little money we have. We bought cheap bikes (£15) from the free ads and go cycling. We bought a second hand tent for a tenner and we're made up with it. We trade in clubcard vouchers for a meal out and a takeaway is a treat. But its something we can do together and we cherish it. And believe me, being without a washer and a fridge for 2 months you really appreciate it when it comes! We bought them together and they're ours. That feels pretty great to us

For me our quality of life is actually improved because we really fucking appreciate what we have got

Don't get me wrong, I look forward to being comfortably off one day, and I know we will be. But having money in our relationship is far from being important. Living life together is important, getting through the bad times and making good times from what you've got, not what you wish you had

POTW in my opinion :yes: I totally agree with you and am glad you said it.
  • Options
    try saying that when youve got three kids and no money :(
  • Options
    try saying that when youve got three kids and no money :(

I totally appreciate thats a different situation altogether (which is why as much as I'd love to get pregnant and have loads of kids right now we're waiting until we've got a bit of money behind us because we can cope being skint but its different when kids are involved)

However, I still stand by what I said - money isn't everything. And I'd rather what we have now together, than have loads of money but not have the closeness that we do
  • Options

I remember Ross Noble put "people who look like cats" into Room 101, so maybe it's Sophie Ellis-Bextor? But I doubt it, because she's seeing someone.
  • Options
    I remember Ross Noble put "people who look like cats" into Room 101, so maybe it's Sophie Ellis-Bextor? But I doubt it, because she's seeing someone.

Ross Noble <3
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Let's make this clear from the outset. I don't especially care what you look like, Tinkler. I assume that the person in your AV is you, but I don't give a damn either way. I would far rather judge you by your words and your actions rather than appearance. But let's turn this question on its head. What does this girl think about your face? Have you asked her about this? And what would happen if you got a, shall we say, unfavourable response from her? Would that mean she'd be getting a ticket to Dumpsville or what?

Possibly true, possibly false, I couldn't say. But either way, what's wrong with asking about someone's musical tastes before mentioning questions about education and work?
    1. That's already come up 3-4 times on this thread and I've already responded. Its irrelevant - maybe she likes how I look. Maybe she doesn't think I look great but still happy enough to happily go out with me. That is completely irrelevant to what my thoughts are and resultantly if I'm happy to go out with her or not.

2. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it? Just highlighting a contrasting culture.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    I agree. It's almost like they have something extra to prove. Which they don't. Ah well, hopefully, as said before, they'll grow out of it.
    You're right here. There's people as / much more successful than I am but if they had a privileged upbringing / have always been used to this sort of environment, they somewhat take it for granted and therefore come across rather humble/modest about it. Then you get "new money" people like me - from poor or modest upbringing, maybe bullied at school, and through their own initiative have been granted opportunities which would be a dream to their peers from back home. Therefore its natural to be quite proud and showy about it. I was extremely so when getting a top graduate job, and am slowly quietening down as I take it more for granted, give it a couple of years I'll be in line with people to whom what I've achieved is not a big deal perhaps.
  • Options
    is it potato shaped like the guy from mask?
    She is from an ethnic group where people's heads are typically much rounder / spherical than caucasians with a more chiselled jawline, so the face looks a bit like a balloon / sphere with the eyes / nose / mouth somewhat stretched.
  • Options
    Why do all your threads come down to that you are a graduate with a top city job?
  • Options
    Apprentice Lee parades the 'gorgeous and ambitious' girlfriend who inspired him to victory

Apprentice winner Lee McQueen has paid tribute to his 'inspiration' - long-term girlfriend Nicola Jellyman - after landing his dream job with Sir Alan Sugar.

The former salesman, who last week clinched the £100,000-a-year position from fellow finalist Claire Young, credits his victory to the blonde company director.

The 30-year-old says: 'She's been a huge inspiration to me. She's fantastic at what she does and she's drop-dead gorgeous - she's got it all!

The pair began dating more than nine years ago after he was drawn in by her determination for success.

He adds: 'She was really driven and ambitious and that was massively attractive to me. I could tell she was going places and I wanted to be part of it.'

The couple currently live together in a £500,000 home in Princes Risborough, Bucks, and Lee admits being apart from her during the show was his most difficult challenge.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1027290/New-Apprentice-Lee-McQueen-introduces-girlfriend-inspired-victory.html

What a beautiful couple. I'm glad my mindset is in line with someone so successful and ambitious.
  • Options
    I'm a graduate with a city job too! The city is Leeds and the job is in Morrisons but hey, bit of spin never hurt anyone. :D
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »

Greatly well said. :thumb:
  • Options
    tinkler wrote: »
    What a beautiful couple. I'm glad my mindset is in line with someone so successful and ambitious.

What? You both lie about your achievements? "Began dating more than 9 years ago" might be a bit of a clue as to how wrong that statement is. Funny, I didn't see her being used as a bit of arm candy in order to enhance his sales at any point.
  • Options
    You're right here. There's people as / much more successful than I am but if they had a privileged upbringing / have always been used to this sort of environment, they somewhat take it for granted and therefore come across rather humble/modest about it. Then you get "new money" people like me - from poor or modest upbringing, maybe bullied at school, and through their own initiative have been granted opportunities which would be a dream to their peers from back home. Therefore its natural to be quite proud and showy about it. I was extremely so when getting a top graduate job, and am slowly quietening down as I take it more for granted, give it a couple of years I'll be in line with people to whom what I've achieved is not a big deal perhaps.

Aye, sounds about right. :)

I know I changed my attitude a bit when I was earning big bucks when very young and moved to London, but quite quickly grew out of it. I'm from a very working class family, was bullied at school, and then suddenly I was earning more at 21 (bearing in mind I left school at 16/17 with nothing but GCSEs) than my dad did when he was director of a small company (not his own so he didn't set his pay).

In the long run, the change in attitude was partially for the better (I gained more confidence in myself, which was great once I settled down a bit), but had it's downfalls (some of my friends back home who were happy plodding along didn't like the newfound confidence) of which I was quickly made aware. It's all cool now, although as our lives are so different, we're simply not in touch anywhere near as much as before. Just part of growing up as well - people grow apart as their lives change. Straight up, my success with women did in fact go through the roof, which swelled the ego for a short while, but again, I settled down.

Whatever though, I certainly didn't have this constant need to twitter on about status/success/women on my arm getting me higher standing with colleagues(?!)/etc etc etc as it just wasn't me and my peer group wasn't that type (which I think is the more relevant thing here). Actually, I preferred being single and dating lots of different women. I didn't like turning up to events with a partner in case I liked somebody else there, but again I think I am lucky as I rarely have to bother with any of that large corporate networking bollocks as I work in music/telecoms/media.

When it comes down to it, I am far from a 'City Boy' type. I love the fact I earn good money, and yet go to work in shorts and t-shirt when the weather is nice, so effectively nobody is the wiser, and I'm not shouty about it in the slightest. I know who I am, don't compare myself to people as I don't need to. People are who they are. They achieve what they achieve and that's nothing to do with me at all. To summarise - it doesn't matter.

Oh - and referring to the girl: Give it a go. If you're not attracted to somebody, it doesn't matter about her 'success' or who she has been out before. It only comes down to your personal preferences.
  • Options
    J wrote: »
    It is. Your going out with the girl but secretly you think she's ugly.
    Where did I EVER say she was ugly? I've said she's attractive actually. Why do so many people put words in my mouth to often mean the complete opposite of what I say?
  • Options
    Where did I EVER say she was ugly? I've said she's attractive actually. Why do so many people put words in my mouth to often mean the complete opposite of what I say?

It's all in the nuances. You've said she's attractive but you're not too keen on her face. Then you personally can see she's attractive but you personally don't seem to be attracted to her majorly. Like I can see my mate is fit but personally don't fancy her. Does that make sense...?
  • Options

I spotted that, but didn't have time to reply to J's comment to point it out.
  • Options
    I must have missed all of this, anyone know why he was banned or am i going to have to scroll through lots of posts?
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    I must have missed all of this, anyone know why he was banned or am i going to have to scroll through lots of posts?

I've just noticed that too :chin:
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Well he had a bit of a rant at Helen and "fuck you" was in there somewhere...
  • Options
    Well he had a bit of a rant at Helen and "fuck you" was in there somewhere...

He said something a while back about someone called ******** (covered for reasons) and this person is someone i know

So im guessing hes either been having a faff around facebook and found me, or actually knows this person.

So i can sorta understand his ego, i mean he escaped the durham area.

And obviously i guess the rant at helen was editing or censored, shouldnt be saying nasty things like that to such a nice lady.

Apologies if i was wrong in everything i said, i made assumptions much they way he [tinkler] did.
  • Options
    J wrote: »
    Nice girl. Shame about the face. It's all in the title isn't it?

Only if you read into it far deeper than you should have. He was titling it by using a well known phrase, most likely for amusement. :yeees:

If you read his posts, he said she was very attractive, just in a way that was quite right to him...
  • Options
    Omg just shut the fuck up tinkler, you're annoying.
  • Options
    No one wants to listen to you talk about yourself or your views all day which is what this post is about.
  • Options
    No one wants to listen to you talk about yourself or your views all day which is what this post is about.

Ok - now you look stupid. :D

He's already been banned! :lol:
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Ok - now you look stupid. :D

He's already been banned! :lol:

He doesn't look banned to me..........
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    He doesn't look banned to me..........

Hmmmmmmmmm... He most certainly was last night.

What is going on?
This discussion has been closed.