Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A past-friend won't talk to me and I don't know why.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've became friends with this girl during a past course I did and came really close (we never went out, just good friends), she even listened to me when I had problems. But a year later she went up country to study a new course and for nearly 3 years i've been trying to get in contact with her to see how she was doing and whether its msn messenger, e-mails, facebook or facebook chat..it seems she's ignoring me.

I just don't know what to do, and I don't know whats the best way in finding out why (thats if) she's ignoring me, and if I've done anything wrong, or even if I should even try.

:s

Comments

• Options
    I've became friends with this girl during a past course I did and came really close (we never went out, just good friends), she even listened to me when I had problems. But a year later she went up country to study a new course and for nearly 3 years i've been trying to get in contact with her to see how she was doing and whether its msn messenger, e-mails, facebook or facebook chat..it seems she's ignoring me.

I just don't know what to do, and I don't know whats the best way in finding out why (thats if) she's ignoring me, and if I've done anything wrong, or even if I should even try.

:s

After three years, I just wouldn't bother. It's fairly obvious.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    After three years, I just wouldn't bother. It's fairly obvious.

I agree. Maybe she's just moved on. I mean if someone keeps contacting me and I haven't spoken to them in years...well I don't tend to value them as I've moved on with my life and the things we had in common and the way we used to talk to one another has changed. I would move on; however good the friendship was once, you were obviously not best, close mates and I'm sure you have more valued relationships with people right now then those from 3 years ago.
  • Options
    Just think how chuffed a new person woul dbe if you focused that energy on being their friend, I'd let her go and see who's around who actively WANTS to recieve and give attention to you back.
  • Options
    If someone from the past isn't responding to your requests to get back in touch, there is almost certainly a good reason why. Recently, I've had quite a few people from my school and college days sending me messages via Facebook - God only knows why. They belong to my past, and that's where they will stay.

I don't want them in my life anymore, it's that simple. Repeatedly sending me messages would make me even less likely to reply, or if I did, that response would be distinctly unfriendly. I suspect that this past friend of yours is thinking on exactly the same lines as me.