Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bsg

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Nice ending for the half-season, wasn't it? I'd like to see the rest, but we'll have to wait...

Who do you think the last cylon is? I read that someone working for the series did say it's not either of the Adamas, Roslin, Baltar, Thrace or Helo, so there go our many suspects.
When D'anna said that that there are 4 on galactica, I thought she was saying that because the 5th was already on her ship. But it's not any of them...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was thinking it could have been Adama at that point - but it doesn't look that way. So for once I'm pretty stumped - maybe someone who has already died once?

Grat, great finale though - the final revelation was excellent and the disbelief and horror on both the human cylon's faces was filmed wonderfully. The last few episodes have been almost overwhelming.
  • Options
    Thankfully i realised it was the mid season finale, as the episode i downloaded said season finale on it.

I got quite scared and pissed off thinking that they had made another short season, but i cant wait for the rest of it now!
  • Options
    The only person I can think of for the fifth is Captain Cain of the Pegasus. Big enough character, and no longer on the Galatica.
  • Options
    OOOOO - now that's a good suggestion
  • Options
    Yeah, that's a good thought.
    I'd have liked it to be someone who really hates cylons, just to show them they're not just machines. But Roslin is out already.
    I'd wish it was Cally, and has already redownloaded somewhere. But that's unlikely :p
  • Options
    Well we've already got Tigh - you don't get someone who hated Cylons, or even still hates them, more than Saul

You know I never picked up on that name before - Saul being Paul before his complete change of heart made he support Christianity rather than persecuting it.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Well we've already got Tigh - you don't get someone who hated Cylons, or even still hates them, more than Saul

You know I never picked up on that name before - Saul being Paul before his complete change of heart made he support Christianity rather than persecuting it.
    I did read that originally they wanted to call him Paul, or something like that...
  • Options
    Still trying to remember what we knew about the final cylon - didn't Diana say something like 'I'm so sorry' to the final cylon in the hall - I guess implying something terrible had been done them?

I was thinking maybe Saul's wife? That would be a proper headfuck

Mind you, knowing BSG, they'll probably make it Boxy from the pilot episode (thank god that plot didn't go anywhere)
  • Options
    Sorry D'anna - and the quote on seeing the final cylon is

'You... Forgive me... I had no idea'

Sorry - crappy video quality
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC7FkBKApjg
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Still trying to remember what we knew about the final cylon - didn't Diana say something like 'I'm so sorry' to the final cylon in the hall - I guess implying something terrible had been done them?

I was thinking maybe Saul's wife? That would be a proper headfuck

Mind you, knowing BSG, they'll probably make it Boxy from the pilot episode (thank god that plot didn't go anywhere)

Was that to the final Cylon? I thought she said it to one of them, which I assumed was tigh and was an apology for gouging out his eye.

All four of the Cylons we've seen so far were active in the resistance - three were it's leaders and Tori was the go-between to the President, so all four were pretty against Cylons.

I'm sticking with Cain, as she hated them so much she was prepared to condone the rape of one of them as a prisoner
  • Options
    Was that to the final Cylon? I thought she said it to one of them, which I assumed was tigh and was an apology for gouging out his eye.
    Yeah, I think the same.

And also, someone said that the final five cylons are "fundamentally different". I wonder what kind of difference that could be.
    A thought I had was that maybe they originally were humans, but they got changed somehow.
  • Options
    Or they find the final missing cyclon on the final 5, on earth when they get there ;)
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Or they find the final missing cyclon on the final 5, on earth when they get there ;)
    Hm...
  • Options
    Hm...

Do you wanna tell him or should I... ;)
  • Options
    Have come up with a theory...

Earth creates AI wages big war between man and machine
    Earth nuked and humanity destroyed
    AI go to Kobol Become the twelve lords of Kobol create skin jobs
    Skin Jobs rebel go onto to form the twelve colonies thinking there are human.
    Twelve Colonies create cyclons who rebel
    Cylons nuke the colonies...

Everything that happens has happened before...
  • Options
    marv wrote: »
    Have come up with a theory...

Earth creates AI wages big war between man and machine
    Earth nuked and humanity destroyed
    AI go to Kobol Become the twelve lords of Kobol create skin jobs
    Skin Jobs rebel go onto to form the twelve colonies thinking there are human.
    Twelve Colonies create cyclons who rebel
    Cylons nuke the colonies...

Everything that happens has happened before...

Interesting theory - I hadn't thought of it like that before
  • Options
    INCOMG WALL OF TEXT
    Yeah, I think the same.
    A thought I had was that maybe they originally were humans, but they got changed somehow.

Seems a bit of a deus ex machina if it turns out like that.

The 'fundemental difference' is just that they're different from the other seven models in some way. Not in the same way that each of the seven is different from each other, but completely different. The writers have said on numerous occasions (before and after the four were revealed) that the final five had been Cylons from the start, and that their memories weren't fake like Boomers. Which makes sense, seeing as how Tigh has known Adama for a good part of his life. He's also a veteran of the First Cylon War - a war which took place before the humanoid Cylons were supposedly created. Given this, we can assume that these Cylons can be pretty much anyone regardless of whether they were "born" or not. I think the biggest "Fuck." moment would come if it turned out Zak Adama was the fifth The clues are there, albeit circumstantial at the moment. William Adama was devastated when he found out the one person he knew he could rely on all those years was a Cylon. Despite all his 'human' flaws like alcoholism and self-doubt in his command ability, he was at least a friend. However, right now he's feeling betrayed. So much so that he was willing to jeteson Tigh from an airlock without a second thought - that's just how deep the hatred of Cylons runs. What better way for the commander (and by proxy, the rest of the fleet) to come to terms with their seeming co-existing destiny than his own flesh and blood? Someone he knew was his own. Then there's the whole "The father must die for the son to step out from his shadow" stuff. We all assumed that to be Lee, but Lee would be too obvious. If you think back to season one as well, when Leoben was put in the airlock, he told Roslin that Adama was a Cylon. We all assumed he was trying to sow seeds of doubt about their commander, but what if he didn't mean the commander? A few other reasons too but I cba typing, you get the idea D:

Plus the writers have also said numerous times that they've known who the fifth will be since seaon 1 and that the character has either been mentioned or been in it prior to that, so it's not going to be Captain Cain. Plus, that'd be too obvious again anyway. As would Romo, or Baltar, or Roslin...

There's definitely some connection between the Cylon God and the fallen Lord of Kobol who's only been refered to as 'He Whose Name Cannot Be Spoken', just fuck knows what it is yet.
  • Options
    Loved that Ending, but i really liked the little touches, like Caprica 6 pregnant going to Saul Tigh, Helo and Athena being very close the whole time, D'Anna looking the most shocked and hurt by what she saw (except Starbuck), BUT Leobin... he had such a "yeah, i figured this might be what we found" look on his face didn't he? Also, loved how Leobin was the only one of the Cylons trying to talk D'Anna down, trying to get her to back down and not execute people, even the Sharon's were following her lead, but he wasn't.

I don't think it will be Cain, or Kendra Shaw, or any Pegasus personal. D'Anna said the 5th cylon was not amongst the Fleet, so if it is someone we have seen already, they are Dead or have been left behind stranded somewhere, right?

I think it is Cally, she said to Doc Cottle, ever since the Nebula, which triggered the other 4 cylons, she had being feeling funny, having headaches, having weird feelings. Maybe she will return in a new body or some how surviving the airlocking to take revenge on Tori. And Cally hated Cylons as much as anyone.

I wonder if we will have to see something like Time Travel to go back to find out what destroyed Earth and then they prevent it... OR maybe it is already in the past and they rebuild the world into the world we have now?
  • Options
    Zak Adama is also a good idea. There are too many good ideas!
    Kiezo wrote: »
    The writers have said on numerous occasions (before and after the four were revealed) that the final five had been Cylons from the start, and that their memories weren't fake like Boomers.
    Which must mean that Tigh has also always been a cylon and have true memories, and as he wasn't young during the first war, then humanoid cylons must have existed for a lot longer than people think... Perhaps before even the robots revolted? Interesting.

And this brings back my thought: If the cylons weren't away for 40 years to become human, what were they doing?
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote: »
    Loved that Ending, but i really liked the little touches, like Caprica 6 pregnant going to Saul Tigh

Anyone else notice this, btw? Given that apprently Cylons weren't able to have kids with each other...

Highly doubt it'll be time travel or anything along those lines. Again, would be too much of a deus ex machina for the writers to turn round with that. There's no mention of the Colonials having time travel technology or even any hint of developing it, and if they did they would have used it to stop the destruction of the twelve colonies instead of flying blind into deep space. Doubt they'll be in Earth's past either, more likely that they've arrived at some point in Earth's future. Or, they've not arrived at Earth at all and the 13th Tribe have suffered the same kind of fate the other 12 did, maybe with survivors kicking about somewhere.
  • Options
    Id piss myself laughing if the final cylon model somehow caused earth to blow fuck out of itself, and the survivors went looking for the twelve colonies, only to find the remnants!