Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

long distance relationships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im live in southend she lives in stoke. i met up with her last week for the first time and everything went fine. she really likes me and i really like her.

for the past 3 days i havent heard anything from her and i have been checking her myspace and this kid has been talking to her a lot and i dont know what to think.

i said to her i promise i would not try and get with another girl coz i like you so much and she was really happy about it and she said the same.

but i havent heard from her in 3 days and i dont know what to think. my best mate lives near her and he says that she isnt the type of girl to cheat (even though im not properly going out with her) but im just bit concerned.

she has bunked from school and said to me on msn that her parents had taken her phone and i cant see it for being this long to be honest.

what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    adam1989 wrote: »
    im live in southend she lives in stoke. i met up with her last week for the first time and everything went fine. she really likes me and i really like her.

for the past 3 days i havent heard anything from her and i have been checking her myspace and this kid has been talking to her a lot and i dont know what to think.

i said to her i promise i would not try and get with another girl coz i like you so much and she was really happy about it and she said the same.

but i havent heard from her in 3 days and i dont know what to think. my best mate lives near her and he says that she isnt the type of girl to cheat (even though im not properly going out with her) but im just bit concerned.

she has bunked from school and said to me on msn that her parents had taken her phone and i cant see it for being this long to be honest.

what do you think?

Have you sent her a message on myspace or just checked it???

I had a long distance relationship and i lived in Newcastle and he lived in Belfast and we texted and rang eachother every spare second we got (to get to know each other)

Maybe she is thinking your not getting in touch with her like you think she is about you
  • Options
    i have sent her a few comments on myspace but she isnt replying and i have asked her friends if she is ignoring me and they are saying no way. i have just sent her a message on myspace so i will see what she says tomorrow if she goes online.

if she doesnt write back then i think i should just forget about it coz i dont want to get into another relationship where im not wanted. :/
  • Options
    Not to disappoint you, but this isn't a very good sign if you ask me. While the story about her phone being taken might be true, it doesn't make sense that she haven't replied online messages. Not for many consecutive days in a row.
    Sounds like she's not that into you from what I read.

Now, if what I wrote turns out to be wrong, my advice would be to speed down a bit. Are you really a couple, or are you just dating? Try to take things as they come until you find that out.
  • Options
    All you can do is wait for her to reply and then talk to her yourself, if she doesn't then i guess thats your answer, hope it turns out for the best :)
  • Options
    thanks for the advice. i having spoken to her and she said that she really likes me still and doesnt think that she isnt talking to me any less than she was before. i think its bollocks lol im not too mad about it coz she does live miles away. little bit upset though coz she is really nice.
  • Options
    TashJTashJ Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    Hi Adam,
    Good to hear that you've been able to talk to her, and that she's said that she still likes you. Long distance relationships aren't easy, and it's often tempting to read a lot into things like a three day silence or messages from other people on MySpace. If she said that she doesn't feel she's talking to you less than before, that could be genuinely how she interprets the situation.

It sounds like you're being realistic about the distance between you - which is a really mature way to deal with it. Distance doesn't have to prevent a relationship, particularly when there's email, phone calls and texts as a way to keep in touch. It might be a bit old fashioned, but sending a letter or package in the mail might also be interpreted as a romantic gesture. It's also helpful to plan when you're next going to see each other, so there's always something to look forward to.

Hope it all works out for you! :)
  • Options
    Long Distance relationships are never-lasting
  • Options
    justdecent wrote: »
    Long Distance relationships are never-lasting
    That's not true. Mine lasted, thank you.