Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help Needed!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heya, so I have a bit of a problem. I previously worked at a debt collectors for a few months during the summer, I left in order to go to New Zealand for a month but when I came back I was offered my old job back.

A couple of weeks in they more or less fired me, because on MySpace I had wrote that I worked for a debt collectors trying to get money from some 'muppets'. It was an awful place to work and so I wasn't really fussed about it.

I'm thinking about it more now though, as I try and find a part-time job before returning to Uni. I've sent off my CV to a hotel for a part time night porter job, on which I listed my most recent employer as being the debt collectors (but only the time I had been there up until leaving for NZ).

My question is whether or not I should mention about the 'firing', I haven't mentioned the second time being at the debt collectors as it was a new contract and I was only there for about two weeks. How should I approach this subject? And also what about references? Do I have to give one from the last employer?

Thanks for reading!