Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Asking a girlout

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, a few of u may remeber that my mate asked me about ideas for a first date with a girl he likes, well as it turns out they went bowling just as friends and he thinks there was concetion between them

the other day we were talking on msn and he asked me what i think of what hes going to ask her

this is the jist of it:
Hey, (lets call her Hannah) Hannah, I think that ur amazing, u have the most amazing smile, eyes and personality and on top of that u always look stunning! since we went bowling i havn't been able to get u out of my head, and i was wondering whether u'd like to go out with me??

the reason i'm posting that is because i really don't no what to say about it, I reckon it sounds good but i was wondering what girls would think of being asked out that way

So what do u think girlies and if anyone has any advice to him on how to ask girls out don't hesitate to give it?

PS, he said i can ask on here :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Relax, be yourself and have fun with it. Respect her space, pay attention to her mood when she talks and pick the right time, don't force it.
    Hmm,sounds a bit full on to be honest.

Say something chilled like "Hey Hannah,I had a good time bowling with you.We should get together again sometime."

Oh,and good luck.You`ll be fine.:thumb: :D
    It could just be me being old and showing my age here, but i dont find it happens very often, that people ask to "actually be going out with someone"

I find it usually developes, and the only asking out, is when going out on dates etc?
    By asking her out, you mean you want to be more than friends with her, presumably? In that case, saying outiright that you haven't been able to get her out of your head could freak her out a bit. I wouldn't say that - at least not yet!

This is an awful cliche, but I would advise you to speak from the heart about this. Tell her that you really enjoyed going bowling with her, (an excellent choice of venue when taking a girl out, if I may say so!) and that you really enjoy spending time with her. She might then work out what you're trying to tell her. Don't be deterred if her reaction at first isn't very positive - just take a long-term view on this.