Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What do girls think of "cute" guys?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I'm hearing conflicting things on this issue. Normally you'd think "cute" is a complimentary term. However on previous threads on this site and similar, guys say that being described as "cute" is not good. Because "cute" is how a girl would describe a pet or a child. It doesn't mean they're sexually attracted to you. To be sexually attractive means you have to have that macho aggressiveness that makes a girl want to rip your clothes off and fuck you. MattLiverpool said it here, seen similar comments elsewhere. The whole thing on how "nice", shy, timid, sensitive guys often get nowhere whilst macho arrogant assholes get all the luck somewhat chimes with this.

However, I'm seeing the opposite recently. Both at nightclubs and online, girls have approached me or got in touch saying how they think I'm really "cute" and in a couple of cases "adorable", and shortly after I've bedded them.

So what's the real answer? Is it better to be 'cute' or seen as more macho aggressive to get laid? Or are the two not mutually exclusive? Or do certain girls prefer cute guys and others more blokey blokes? What is more common for girls to prefer?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you like blondes? Do you like brunettes? Do you like skinny girls? Do you like curvy girls? It's all a matter of taste. Some girls like macho types, some girls like rough types .. and some like cuties. It's all a matter of taste ... so no right or wrong answer. :)
    What Teagan said.

I prefer the cute types ;p
    If you're just talking about getting laid (as in a one nighter) then I think if you're a blokey bloke with muscles and confidence and all that stuff then you're maybe more likely than someone shyer?

I'm quite shy and sensitive and I do get the "cute" thing a lot. I'm not really into one night stands or meaningless shagging though, suppose I'm quite old fashioned and like taking a girl out and stuff rather than ripping each others clothes off within 20 minutes of meeting. If you're seen as cute and adorable then it's a good thing, different girls like different things y'know?

Most girls I like prefer macho aggressive guys though :grump:
    I reckon it's a matter of taste, like teagan said, me, being the chronic "cute guy" has never landed anywhere with it, however.
    tinkler wrote: »

However, I'm seeing the opposite recently. Both at nightclubs and online, girls have approached me or got in touch saying how they think I'm really "cute" and in a couple of cases "adorable", and shortly after I've bedded them.

This makes me want to laugh...talk about ego stroking.
    silverhalo wrote: »
    This makes me want to laugh...talk about ego stroking.
    What the fuck? I'm just saying what's happened. I'm hardly "ego stroking" if I'm coming onto this site asking for advice. Twat
    I really like cute guys. They're my type of guy. But my best friend prefers beefy rough guys. Everyone has different tastes.
    Cute can mean any of those for me, depends on the context and the tone :p
    if theyre cute but sexy with it, thats good!

theres different sorts of cute
    tinkler wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm hearing conflicting things on this issue. Normally you'd think "cute" is a complimentary term. However on previous threads on this site and similar, guys say that being described as "cute" is not good. Because "cute" is how a girl would describe a pet or a child. It doesn't mean they're sexually attracted to you. To be sexually attractive means you have to have that macho aggressiveness that makes a girl want to rip your clothes off and fuck you. MattLiverpool said it here, seen similar comments elsewhere. The whole thing on how "nice", shy, timid, sensitive guys often get nowhere whilst macho arrogant assholes get all the luck somewhat chimes with this.

So what's the real answer? Is it better to be 'cute' or seen as more macho aggressive to get laid? Or are the two not mutually exclusive? Or do certain girls prefer cute guys and others more blokey blokes? What is more common for girls to prefer?

Different people are attracted to different kind of people. And comparing the rough guy to the shy guy which are the extremes, pretty much rules out everything in between. In reality this isn't a black and white question You can still be a cute, nice guy and still have the pull. Many shy guys aren't spineless and can stand up for themselves in discussions and so on. In other words, such a guy would be somewhere in the middle of the "rough guy - cute guy" scale.
    Great responses. Bang on. cheers x
    I think in some circumstances girls just use the word 'cute' to mean good looking... Well I have in the past anyway.
    You're approaching this issue as if the word 'cute' is always used in the same way, however I don't think it is, so I don't think you're going to get a clear answer from your question. If that makes any sense at all.