Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how the hell can i organise myself better?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've litrally only been in college for just over an hour and a half and already i want to scream!

I've got 2 weeks of classes left and three weeks before the end of the course. i've got 2 written assignments to hand in. 2 guitar praticals, and 3 logic/pro tools based practicals. I'm trying to cut corners but retain marks, and i know if i overload myself and get too stressed out i'm gonna end up in A&E again like i did 3 weeks ago, but it feels like everyone is piling on the pressure, and its the last thing i need!

I've been told that i really need to have a very rigid organisational system, that can emcompass all of my life, and i've thought about using access and programs like that, because things like diaries tend to get lost or don't have enough space for all the information, and i really need something that i can cross referance things- ie, if i write down i need to make a call, i have the number in the address book, if i'm doing research, i can put this in a to do list and have it pop up when i go online, so i'm reminded that it needs to be done. I really think i need a PA or something, because it really feels like my life falls apart when i get really busy, my flat has become a mess, exercise goes out the window, and meditation- one thing that i'm finding a huge help, doesn't even get a look in.....

what do i do? for now and the long run!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Outlook.
  • Options
    thank you...

see so stressed out i'm get the names of programs i've used for year mixed up.

I'm starting to call logic, illogic.
  • Options
    I really do use it for everything. The only problem is whenever I want to get something new, I can only do so if it support outlook. I hate google calendar, not because it's not useful, but because it means I can't integrate it. My university work, my emails, my mobile phone, my diary / appointments, everything goes through outlook.

edit: don't even go near access, it's for databases which really wont help you organise yourself!
  • Options
    well the most important things to be your course atm, so maybe dont worry about how tidy your flat is and things like that. its only for a few weeks so just concentrate on coursework etc.

i find making a list at the start of the day of things i need to do helps. keep looking at it to remember what you need to have done.
  • Options
    FizFiz Deactivated Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    Kat_B I agree and think making lists really helps too. It means you can also tick things off once you have done them which gives you a sense of achievement and reminds you that you have completed something even when if feels like you haven't. If you find meditation helps you, try fitting this in first thing in the morning so you can try to focus for the day a head. Not always easy I know, but if it means you get up only 15 mins earlier it might be worth a go. Hope things start to calm down soon for you...
    Take care!
  • Options
    only problem with lists is that is lose them.

its all part and parcel of my dyspraxia which it often feels like i can't escape from....
  • Options
    Do you have one of those cork notice board things? Pin up your notes on that. Or blu tack them to the walls?
  • Options
    only problem with lists is that is lose them.

Pin them to the fridge, you can get some really cheap maganets.

Outlook sounds like a good idea, you can fit notes, tasks, diary etc all in one place.