Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tofu - is it fatty?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've both both it is low fat and is great if your on a diet and I also heard that it has a high fat content, does anyone actually know?

Comments

• Options
    According to the box I have just looked at, 6g far per 100g. Probably less fatty than meat, although fattier than (say) Quorn.

But in terms of all-round-good-for-you I'd say it's good. Soy is also cholesterol-lowering (I was skeptical when I saw it on a box of soy milk, but then my GP recommended it)
  • Options
    What kind of fats?

As it';s animal free, it'll have a different sort of fat to meat.

Are you worried about your weight?
  • Options
    I was actually just wondering if it was any good to use as part of a healthy diet because I don't eat a lot of meat so I was just wanting to add something that was meat like so I could add a little something to the food if I wasn't including meat.
  • Options
    Vegetable fat is fattening - but in a good way in that it doesn't clog the arteries like animal fat. You need some fat for your body to function properly so have vegetable fat in moderation.