Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

A weeks holiday - what do I need to take?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm not a fan of traveling heavy but I've only got one of those teeny tiny suitcases so I need to fit everything in!

What do we think I need for a week in the sun - Turkey?

> Suncream/after sun
> 2 x towels
> 2 x swimming cozzies
> Toiletries including: painkillers, tampons, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, exfoliating showergel, flannel, perfume and hairbrush - is that all?
> 1 pair of flipflops, a pair of dolly shoes and my CROCS
> 1 pair of jeans, pair of black trousers for a night out and tracky bums for lounging.
> 4 or 5 day/night tops?
> Cardi to keep warm at night
> Camera and mobile (and chargers)
> Spending money - how much for a week?

What have I missed? Thanks guys!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd take a few more tops, 5 for 7 days wouldnt be enough for me.

I'd also maybe take a small first aid kit, plasters etc.
    Thanks Glittery, a first aid kit would be very sensible.

I've got loads of 'casual' tops which I'll just toss in :D
    Mags? Books? Ipod? Dock?

Where you staying? Apartment - travel kettle for morning brews?

Plug converter?

Will keep thinking...
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    shorts/skirts/dresses?

More shoes :)

Make up and remover, after sun

razors

Cant think of anything else at the mo - but buy a bigger suitcase :D
    Apparently there is 15kg limit on the luggage, how much luggage is that? Not alot?
    ah dont worry about it. Couple of weeks ago my sister took a massive heavy suitcase and had to pay about a tenner. Pack what ya need - you'll be fine.
    I wouldn't take towels unless you specifically know there won't be one where you are staying as they are bulky and just take up loads of space.

Take some tops that cover your shoulders with a) you might get sun burnt and b) if you go sight seeing you will need to cover up to go into any mosques c) it may prevent you from some unwanted attention and d) because its usually a good idea to respect the culture of the country you are visiting.

Buy a guide book and go and see something off the beaten track.

A sarong - as they are super useful as an evening shawl, a skirt and you can lye on them on the beach.

I had a bag once which was really heavy and i was convinced it would be overweight as i could hardly lift it - however it only turned out to be 13.5KG and that was after 3 weeks in India having bought loasds of presents and Sari's so i'm sure you will be fine!
    Got any shorts to wear during the day? How about some diarrhoea tablets?
    Primark is good for things if you are only going to wear them for a week or so.
    Kaftan and linen trousers to sigh see would be good too.
    Whereabouts in Turkey you going?

Apparently it's mega hot at the moment, really think you'd regret taking more than one pair of trousers.

Don't forget mosquito stuff, we didn't get bit were we was in Turkey but some people get eaten alive.
    Oh, spending money, I'd say £300ish for a week. We take £1200 for two of us for a fortnight.

Get it changed there, exchange rate is much better. We just take a small amount of lira for the first day then get the rest changed as we need it.
    Oh, spending money, I'd say £300ish for a week. We take £1200 for two of us for a fortnight.

Get it changed there, exchange rate is much better. We just take a small amount of lira for the first day then get the rest changed as we need it.
    Not been abroad for a while have we...?
    I wouldnt bother packing tracky bottoms, its unlikely you'd ever wear them cause you'll either be wearing shorts/skirts in the day then you'll be going out at night.
    Probably pack a few more tops cause its always nice to be able to change into something fresh and as someone else has mentioned - probably best just to take the one towel, that way it takes up less room/weight and you could always buy one there if need be they're generally only a few quid anyway