Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sex And The City movie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So...who's seen it? What did you think? I went to see it last night (and yes I dressed up in my high heels and corsage :blush: ) and I enjoyed it. Thought it was a bit cheesy at times and the characters were a bit over-exaggerated but I was kinda expecting that...it was a good laugh and the costumes were fabulous!

No spoilers please, or if you do make sure you flag them up so you don't ruin it for others!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Is it just like a long episode?
  • Options
    if you've seen it, do you think people who haven't seen the tv series would follow it / appreciate it?
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    if you've seen it, do you think people who haven't seen the tv series would follow it / appreciate it?

i think they would, i went to see it with my best friend and she'd only ever seen one or two episodes and she still really liked it. i guess the film has more meaning though if you've followed the series.

i really, really loved it :D i think charlotte was ace! wasnt too sure about carries ending. and i want her wardrobe space, so bad.
  • Options
    i saw it last monday and it was ace :thumb:

i was always expecting to like it - but wasnt sure if it would be good as a film - but i found that it worked really well! even found myself laughing out loud (which i hardly ever do) and cried once, which is also quite rare.
    i found that i liked miranda a lot more than i normally do than in the series, and i think i have a lil bit of a crush on steve :flirt: aw he's so sweet in it :)
  • Options
    I went to see it this afternoon and i absolutely loved it. I've waited so long to see it and loved every minute. I wanna go and see it again.
  • Options
    I suppose it is a little like one long episode, but they cover a lot more ground (obviously) - there's big plot lines for each character, whereas I think in the TV series they'd usually focus on Carrie and one of the others each episode.
    It's funny, I saw an episode of SATC on TV last night I'd not seen before, where Carrie rings up Big in the middle of the night and goes round to find that he's planning to move away from New York...it was strange watching that after having seen the film!