Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

going out with people who aren't into drugs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if your out in a club or whatever, do you prefer not to have someone in your group who isn't really into the whole drugs scene, cause im gonna be 18 in june, and all my friends are quite into it, but im not really.

Am i just going to look like a childish nerd or what?

Like im not going to be all "drugs are bad mmmkay" on them, its just i'm to boring/paranoid/nerdy for that.

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    When it comes to drugs that make you trip ike acid and shrooms then anybody else not on your level is undesirable to be around.
    But when it comes to club drugs like coke and ecstasy it never really bothered me that non users people might be with me - as long as I'm no the only one getting mashed.

Not takign drugs isn't childish, andyboy who says otherwise IS being chidish. Doesn't matter how you do it s long as you have a good night.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If I'm on pills and someone I'm out with hasn't taken anything, it doesn't bother me at all. I do end up making sure they're having a good time lots though! As long as that wouldn't bug you, then go for it.

You won't look like a nerd, cos you've made an informed choice. :)
    Skive wrote: »
    When it comes to drugs that make you trip ike acid and shrooms then anybody else not on your level is undesirable to be around.

yea thats true!

other than those drugs i wouldnt give a fuck!
    You'll be sweet. If your friends are sound they'll respect your decision not to take drugs. I presume you'll be drinking and stuff anyway.

Gotta say, I am suspicious of people who don't have any vices and sit sober whilst everyone else gets drunk/mashed. It's a completely irrational viewpoint I know, but it's how I feel nonetheless.
    Depends whether you're my daughter or not...
    People who don't take drugs have rights as well you know!
    Andy_Booth wrote: »
    Depends whether you're my daughter or not...
    So you're not keen on your daughter taking drugs while you get mashed in a club?? :confused:
    So you're not keen on your daughter taking drugs while you get mashed in a club?? :confused:

Ok, especially for the hard of thinking.

My answer is dependent upon whether or not the original poster is my daughter.
    Ok, especially for the hard of thinking.

My answer is dependent upon whether or not the original poster is my daughter.
    I guess sarcasm isn't your strong point.
    I guess sarcasm isn't your strong point.

I guess you haven't got a daughter.

All senses of humour go out of the window when drugs and her come into a conversation.

All rationality too, my answer would be different if it were my daughter.

Human nature I suppose.
    I guess you haven't got a daughter.

All senses of humour go out of the window when drugs and her come into a conversation.

All rationality too, my answer would be different if it were my daughter.

Human nature I suppose.
    I understand your point, but I assume most parents would have the same protective attitude when it comes to drugs. The fact is that many people will still take drugs regardless of their parents' negative thoughts about them. Which is where positive education comes in.
    Nah mate you'll be sweet, I've been on both sides of the equation quite and few times and as long as your mates are decent then no one will give a fuck. :thumb:
    I understand your point, but I assume most parents would have the same protective attitude when it comes to drugs. The fact is that many people will still take drugs regardless of their parents' negative thoughts about them. Which is where positive education comes in.

I'd be dreaming if I thought she'd ask me about drugs, that'd be a job for a mate.

I'd always advise her away from them just in case she's the one in a 100 or so that it took over there life.

Truth is that a massive %age just get bored with them and grow out of it.

"...but I thought it was just like what happened in Hollyoaks..."
    Wouldn't you prefer her to come to you for advice? if she can't come to you, then why should she ask someone else, over just taking them and "hoping for the best"?
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Wouldn't you prefer her to come to you for advice? if she can't come to you, then why should she ask someone else, over just taking them and "hoping for the best"?

I'd love her to ask me as I'm well qualified to give her informed advice.

Back in the real world though, I just can't see it happening. It's not a case of she can't, just that she most probably wouldn't approach me about drugs.

Thankfully she's not a loner, she can't even buy a new pair of shoes without texting around 'the girls so the thought of her 'going solo' on drugs is wide of the mark.
    i am in the same situation at the moment.

my boyfriend does drugs and i don't. he doesn't like doing drugs around me because i dont do drugs. thats understandable as he doesn't do it much and what he does the most is mushrooms so i wouldn't like to be around him whilst he was taking those anyway.