Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Earthquake!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We just had an earthquake here in southern Iceland. All the news websites are timing out hehe. I think it's supposed to have been 6.1 on the richter scale.

This is the largest one I've felt in my life, seemed to last for aaaages. Although we had a worse one (I think, I've heard no damage reports now) a few years back.

It's always such a strange feeling. However there's now some damage reports starting to come in.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    6.1 on the Richter scale in a small country like Iceland? Bound to cause substantial damage, maybe even fatalities. :(
    Now they're saying it's been upgraded to a 6.7 and they think there might be some strong aftershocks.

They've closed some roads and bridges and there's damages being reported in one of the smaller towns close to the source. No injuries so far which is good.

It was a pretty massive earthquake for sure.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    ! Jesus.

That's a bit shocking, hope the aftershocks are not too bad! And hope you all get cleared up asap.
    from what i remember iceland is a bit volcanic ?
    well small wonder they had such an earthquake