Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

antidepressants

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i started taking an antidepressant last monday. i'm feeling a lot more anxious than usual, more depressed, very freaked out and a little scared. :shocking: is this normal or should i talk to the doctor and chage the medication? i heard that there are a lot of side effects in the first days of treatment with antidepressants. how many days does it take until my body gets used to it?

Comments

• Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Hi spaceboy,

The side effects of antidepressants vary from person to person. It's not unusual for someone to feel anxious and scared. I think you should definately talk to your doctor if you're concerned. There are a number of different antidepressents that your doctor can prescribe and all of them have their different pro's and con's. It's hard to tell how long these side effects are going to last for because every person reacts differently.

Have a look at TheSite's antidepressent article and go chat to your doc if this carries on.

:)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its normal for the first few weeks