Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nokia N95 lock code

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
My N95 has a lock code for when the sim cards are changed, now I never changed this code but anytime I enter 12345 it doesn't work, I'm beginning to think someone else went in and fucked around with it.

It's really pissing me off cos I need to put another sim in for a while and I can't, does anyone know how this can be removed or even fixed?

Thanks
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Virus wrote: »
    My N95 has a lock code for when the sim cards are changed, now I never changed this code but anytime I enter 12345 it doesn't work, I'm beginning to think someone else went in and fucked around with it.

It's really pissing me off cos I need to put another sim in for a while and I can't, does anyone know how this can be removed or even fixed?

Thanks

Thats prob because its locked to the network you got it on, when i had one unlocked it didnt ever ask for a code to change the sim.
  • Options
    No it's for the actual lock of the phone so that you cannot put another sim without entering a code.
  • Options
    No it's for the actual lock of the phone so that you cannot put another sim without entering a code.

Have you tried 4321, 0000, 54321 errrrrrrrrrr... Those are the only three I can think of.
  • Options
    No good, I wonder if there is a way to reset it it because it is none of the default codes.
  • Options
    Search Google with 'Nokia' 'N95' 'unlock' 'code'
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Search Google with 'Nokia' 'N95' 'unlock' 'code'

State the obvious!!!

It's not an 'unlock code' its a 'lock code'
  • Options
    Easiest (and perhaps only) way around this would be to reset the firmware on the phone.
  • Options
    State the obvious!!!

It's not an 'unlock code' its a 'lock code'

I was just trying to be helpful. :banghead:

In which case, may I suggest 'Nokia' 'N95' 'lock' 'code' ? :P