Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why Do I Need 'Careers Counselling'?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
For various personalt reasons, I decided to take a break from education to sort myself out. In about November/December, I applied to do an Access To Nursing course. A few days before the interview, I went to a university open day and spoke to 2 of the lexturers there. They said because of the way my eyesight affects me, I won't be able to do nursing. (health & safety) I got told the same thin at my college interview as well.

I then spoke to a careers adviser who said that I could doa BTEC in Computing and o into the IT industry. So, I applied to college for a course related to that.

Today, I got a letter from the college asking me to come to an interview for careers counselling, but why?:confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    to help you sort out what sort of careers would be possible with your eyesight problems and try and help you with finding something suitable
  • Options
    to help you sort out what sort of careers would be possible with your eyesight problems and try and help you with finding something suitable

:yes: They probably want to check your doing a suitable course, especially as you've been out of education a while.