Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Places To Stay Around Barbican/Faringdon Tube Station?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm due to go up to London (again) at the end of June and need somewhere to stay in central London, ideally around Faringdon/Barbican tube station. Does anyone know of anywhere that isn't too expensive please? I've had a look online somwhere and most places are at least £100 per night, but can't find anything cheaper.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    there is a Travelodge/ Travelinn in Farringdon, its about £90 a night though.

London in the middle of summer, you will be lucky to get anything that central for less than a ton.
  • Options
    Yeah you won't find anything less than 100. Last time i stayed overnight in farringdon it cost me 140/night. Can you not stay a bit further out? Transport links are so easy it shouldnt be a problem..
  • Options
    Thanks. Did end up booking a few night in Travel Lodge, which is about £81 per night.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Thanks. Did end up booking a few night in Travel Lodge, which is about £81 per night.

Sounds a fair deal. :thumb:
  • Options
    Just a tip for the future, if you know you're going to be going somewhere book as far in advance as you can and you might get a cheap deal. I stayed in the Travel Lodge at Marylebone station for £29 for the night in April because I booked early, and that was London marathon weekend too so prices were a bit hiked :thumb:
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    There are youth hostels next to Kings Cross and Great portland street, £20 a night - is that near enough? :)

http://www.yha.org.uk/