Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

how can i......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
pursaude my parents to let me get my ears pieced and flesh holes???
i'm 16 and my sister got hers done when she was 15, albeit she didn't get flesh holes

I find it really unfair that my parents won't even let me get my ears pieced at all!
any help?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why wont they let you get your ears peirced? Your 16, you dont need permission from them.

My parents arnt overly keen on my cartildge peircings but they didnt stop me getting them.
    well, considering i rely on them to get to places as i live pretty much in the middle of no where
    plus if i do get them i'll probaly get grounded or maybe even kicked out cos we're not on speaking terms at the moment

i may just get them in the end
    I dunno, I wouldn't piss off your parents so quickly at the moment, especially as you rely on them. Your piercings could last you forever so waiting a tiny little bit longer, when you've already waited 16 years won't hurt you as much as not getting lifts anywhere and your parents generally turning sour on you.

Even if your sis did get hers pierced younger, I BET you get treated diff to her on other things, staying out late and who with, that kind of thing. It might not been equal on each parenting thing, but they probably do treat you both with similar loving boundries.
    Firstly, focus on getting them pierced first - you'll need to wait 6 months before you can even contemplate stretching them.

In all honesty, 2 years isn't a long time in the long run and maybe you'd be better off waiting until you're above the age of consent and a little more mature. Stretching may seem like a great idea when you're 16, but they're extremely permanent, so don't rush into something you may regret.