Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

*spoilers* the new indianna jones... what did u think?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
soo whos seen it and what did you think?!

i watched it tonight... and i thought it was.. decent..ish
there were parts of it that were blatantly unreastic and silly eg. when mud was swinging among the vines with the monkeys :rolleyes: ..but then, you kindve ezpect it from films like this i guess!
but for the most part, i found it quite entertaining!
the worst part for me was the bit with the space ship at the end :rolleyes: sci fi and indianna jones just DOESNT mix.

from a set designer point of view tho i thought the production and set design was fantastic :hyper: all the way through i was more interested in the sets and how i wished i could be involved in a production like that rather than the actual plot for me that was the best part of the film :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    soraliah wrote: »
    soo whos seen it and what did you think?!

i watched it tonight... and i thought it was.. decent..ish
    there were parts of it that were blatantly unreastic and silly eg. when mud was swinging among the vines with the monkeys :rolleyes: ..but then, you kindve ezpect it from films like this i guess!
    but for the most part, i found it quite entertaining!
    the worst part for me was the bit with the space ship at the end :rolleyes: sci fi and indianna jones just DOESNT mix.
    from a set designer point of view tho i thought the production and set design was fantastic :hyper: all the way through i was more interested in the sets and how i wished i could be involved in a production like that rather than the actual plot for me that was the best part of the film :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Spoiler!!!!!!! :banghead:
    sorry - i thought the title what did you think would warn people :( sorry
    sorry - i thought the title what did you think would warn people :( sorry

Yeah, but movie critics can still say what they think without giving the plot away .... :mad:

:lol: .. it's okay, hun. If you hadn't said anything, I probably would have heard it from someone else anyway ... *hugs* :heart:
    me and some other uni people went to a friends house and watched the first 3, then went to watch the new one. i'm pretty knew to them all..lol

the new one was alright. quite funny in places, but also quite freaky with the skeletons, and face melting...
    i won't spoil it for people, but i will say that it is a 'typical steven speilberg'..
    I've thrown in a spoiler warning on the thread - it's certainly not going down that well with the people who've seen it in TheSite towers... I'm not sure whether to see it, I can't face being 'Phantom Menaced' again

Lol I haven't seen it yet, but that immediately puts me off....still wanna see it though.
    I never get a chance to go to the cinema anymore, like me and my mates just don't go to watch films, my girlfriend's in Australia and I can't go by myself! Think I'll just wait for the DVD...
    it was entertaining enough but:
    • fucking aliens?
    • russians instead of nazi's
    • nuclear weapons

of course the russians had to be used cos it was set in the 60s, but i liked the old bad guys :(

certainly the worst Indy film out of the lot (yes worse than ToD)

still worth watching tho

anyway fuck you guys, i liked the phantom menace. Jar Jar is the best character in all the star wars (this last bit is a lie, i did like the movie tho)
    I did enjoy it, but I have to say I was disappointed with the whole outcome because I felt it could have been so much better. I felt there were slow parts where I didn't feel the plot was moving the story forward at all. Plus for such an expensive movie I thought the CGI work left a lot to be desired. Even with all of the negatives I still enjoyed myself but as an Indiana Jones movie and something from Steven Spielberg I expected more.
    Brilliant:razz:

anyway fuck you guys, i liked the phantom menace. Jar Jar is the best character in all the star wars (this last bit is a lie, i did like the movie tho)

Agreed!! I like all the new three Star Wars films, sure they don't match the old one's...blah blah blah I've heard all that shit before, it's only because it's not new anymore and people can't hack Star Wars having amazing effects e.t.c. And Episode 3: Revenge Of The Sith was JUST as good as the original 3 in my opinion.

But anyway this isn't about Star Wars! Lol.
    I managed to drag a couple of mates to the cinema, and yeah I thought it was a good film. Sure the Aliens made a it a little different to the old films, it didn't quite feel like an Indiana Jones film, but it was still well written and enjoyable.
    The Russians instead of the Nazi's were neccesary if Harrison Ford was still gonna play Indy at his age, so quit fucking moaning about that! :p Soviets can be just as evil as Nazi's!!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I liked it! Surely not as good as the other ones, but not bad.
    And nothing wrong with the aliens. Why, immortality was better?

Speaking of immortality, I guess the aged Indy proves that the Holy Grail was a hoax. He's not immortal damn it!
    I saw this yesterday, couldn't follow it at all. :confused:
  • Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Speaking of immortality, I guess the aged Indy proves that the Holy Grail was a hoax. He's not immortal damn it!

Didn't the knight in the cavern say that drinking from the grail meant you could only be immortal on THAT side of the seal? (haven't seen it for ages)

I enjoyed the movie - sure there were some silly bits, but it was good fun.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I loved it til the last ten minutes.

Aliens?! WTF?!? Weird.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Didn't the knight in the cavern say that drinking from the grail meant you could only be immortal on THAT side of the seal? (haven't seen it for ages)
    Not seen it for ages either, but I remember the knight saying that it's the grail that can't be taken beyond the seal (hence why it was lost). But perhaps I misunderstood.
    I've seen what the line was though (on imdb) and it still seems to just mean the grail...