Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lecture Notes/Revision Notes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Does it annoy you if a friend borrows your lecture/revision notes? Especially if they have made no notes themselves, and just revise from yours instead. Obviously if you need them back to revise then you get priority, but they're still your mate's main revision resource. Would it annoy you, or would you just think well it doesn't affect me and it does them a favour so it's cool?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Does it annoy you if a friend borrows your lecture/revision notes? Especially if they have made no notes themselves, and just revise from yours instead. Obviously if you need them back to revise then you get priority, but they're still your mate's main revision resource. Would it annoy you, or would you just think well it doesn't affect me and it does them a favour so it's cool?
    It will not make any difference if i dont need them but if need them for my revision i will just call them and show them anger and ask them to give me back my notes because i also have to revise and go to their place and get my notes, but at this time what i can do for them is give chance to get a photocopy of that. Have u not thought about that?
  • Options
    It would annoy me.

I don't mind helping someone out during the year catching up on notes from something they missed etc, but you've got a have a reasonable history of work sharing to borrow revision notes!
  • Options
    If it's a good mate wouldn't bother me in the slightest. If it's just a casual 'friend' off the course, I'd probably be a bit more pissed off.

Should always help your mates, but just be careful that they are actually your mates.
  • Options
    It will not make any difference if i dont need them but if need them for my revision i will just call them and show them anger and ask them to give me back my notes because i also have to revise and go to their place and get my notes, but at this time what i can do for them is give chance to get a photocopy of that. Have u not thought about that?

It's OK, i don't need them at the moment. I made them a while ago, and I have a different exam today so I won't be using them. And anyways the second I wanted them back she'd give them to me. She is one of my best friends as well. It didn't really bother me, I just wondered if I should be bothered, and what other people's opinions were.
  • Options
    God, I hate that when that happens. I figure people choose to go to uni and they don't have many lectures/seminars anyway (at least people at my uni and on my courses don't, I don't know about others) so the least they can do is turn up. If they have a legit reason for missing one or two, I don't mind, but when they're just lazy sods who can't be arsed to attend two hours or so a week, then I just get pissed off.

Last year, I even had people I don't even know come up to me at the end of class and ask me to email notes to them. (I use a laptop in class) :mad:

Ok, rant over. Sorry :D
  • Options
    what pisses me off more is when someone who doesn't like you that much wants to borrow your notes because they couldn't be bothered to go. most people know i write comprehensive notes, but it takes time and effort and if i don't like you then the answer will be no :p if it was an actual friend, and they had a genuine reason for not going, then i would let them use my notes. because i'm a nice girl really.