Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Motivation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi guys.

I'm writing an essay due in tomorrow. There really isn't much motivation because every time I go to it I just keep thinking what I write sounds shit. It's not terribly important, but I would get in trouble if I didn't hand in a serious attempt at it (according to the manual for the course, I'd be kicked off if I don't submit even one piece of work :s).

It's really quite straightforward, about pricing decisions and how you can use different information (like, cost based approaches, marketing based approaches or whatever). If I was selling an apple I would sell it at the market rate, if I was selling an iPod I'd sell it at the rate people were willing to pay.

Read a few good FT articles and books but still... it's just boooooring. I've done a big plan that takes up a side of A4 so know what I need to write, but every time I start writing I don't like the way a sentence sounds so delete it...

Starting to get a bit apprehensive but the last 2000 word essay I did in 5 hours and did really well. Just wish I was motivated!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    FUCKING GET ON WITH IT SHYBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats all the help I have.
  • Options
    Just keep at it, after some attempts things start to fit together most of the time. When I don't like how my phrases sound I just write them anyway to get the idea across, once that is done I go back and rewrite them later. The important thing is being able to get the ball rolling.

If not, think of the consequences if you don't get it done, and that should give you a kick up your arse :D
  • Options
    Yup, write it even with unsatisfactory sentences, at least that way it's done. Then, if you have the time and motivation you can go back and edit it after. Get it done Shyboy!!!!
  • Options
    :cool:

But still, getting there...
  • Options
    Promise yourself something good when you've finished? I have been in this situation myself many a time and can never seem to get down to work until the last possible minute!
  • Options
    Well the last possible minute is in 10 hours :p so I need to get a move on...
  • Options
    12 more words, any suggestions?

:chin:
  • Options
    Feenished.

I'll proof read in morning, seems fine though.
  • Options
    Well done. Now go and hand it in on time! lol