Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Good Clubs In London

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you like smaller, more intitmate clubs with a warehouse party vibe, then check out Corsica Studios in Elephant & Castle. Everybody always has a wicked night there and the staff are the friendliest in the world. One has been unofficially named as the coolest/nicest cloakroom attendant in the world who chats to everybody and splashes them cigarettes. It's open till 6/7am and there are plenty of transport links to after parties.

That and the music is wicked too hehe. www.corsicastudios.com

I know the area quite well and I've never noticed there is a club there, what sort of music is it normally?
    Best club in London has to be MAYA on Dean Street in Soho. Only accepts good-looking people so you enjoy a club full of fitties only! Pretty easy to pull.
    MAYA is being promoted as the West-End’s most desirable style location. In September 2007 MAYA opened it’s doors, where the ultra hip Lounge and Club blends glamour with the exoticism and élan of St Tropez, Miami and Las Vegas – MAYA mixes the fashionable London and the New Euro Scene and is described as ”A hedonist’s carnival where decadence never sleeps”.

“Inspired by New York’s velvet rope culture MAYA shuns overly-used member’s only rules. The New York-style door policy means only those whom the management deem connected, fashionable and interesting enough will make it past the red ropes into these newt club in town”.

MAYA’s vegas-style service and amenities means its clientele will be pampered from the moment they step out of their chauffeured cars and enter London’s newest night boîte of metropolitan escapism. Leading personages from the creative communities, including Katie Grand, Chloe Sevigny, Mark Ronson and Jay Joplin, will be plutocrats for the Club. To be in possession of MAYA’s strictly invitation only gold card – privileges and access beyond the fathomable - will be something of a coup according to the venue’s PR team.

Brought to you by the award-winning teams behind some of London’s most successful Clubs: Pangaea, The Cuckoo Club, Amika, Movida and 43 South Molton, MAYA intends to inject a refreshing hedonist spirit into the West-End when it launches during London Fashion Week and the word is that any vistor should expect sophistication, style and the ingenuity of an all-star cast.

MAYA has understood that dancing is back in Vogue, and MAYA fervently marks the return of the bonafide dancefloor. Once inside, revellers will be treated to one of the most advanced sound systems in the country where they will be privy to “celebrity DJ sets, impromptu performances from leading artists, and evenings of decadent pleasures. Offering lavish VIP table service, MAYA will be able to look after even the most indulgent of requests.” With openings planned in Moscow and New York, Londoners will be the first to sample the unique nightclub experience that MAYA offers.
    wrote:
    “Inspired by New York’s velvet rope culture MAYA shuns overly-used member’s only rules. The New York-style door policy means only those whom the management deem connected, fashionable and interesting enough will make it past the red ropes into these newt club in town”.

Fuck that, I'm not handing the choice of whether I get in or not over to some style nazi on the door.
    budda wrote: »
    Fuck that, I'm not handing the choice of whether I get in or not over to some style nazi on the door.

Me neither though i once wasn't allowed into MOS the only time i ever tried to go because i wasn't deemed dressed up enough by the lady on the door - ironically i used to always wear tiny pink dresses and tiara's and fairy wings - out to normal clubs - which is exaclty the look they were going for - but i thought i should dress up to go to MOS (it was someones birthday and i wasnt' overly excited in the first place)

ETA - also if i was on the door at MAYA there is no way i'd let in an 18 year old boy who clearly isn't streetwise enough to have got onto the clubbing scene by that age....
    If you're attractive you'll get in, if not you won't basically. A club with hundreds of fitties only, more girls than blokes, and zero mingers is a recipe for success - not only will you pull but they'll be hot !
    tinkler wrote: »
    If you're attractive you'll get in, if not you won't basically. A club with hundreds of fitties only, more girls than blokes, and zero mingers is a recipe for success - not only will you pull but they'll be hot !

I'd much go somewhere down to earth and enojy myself rather then be in a club with the "pretty people"

No, it has nothing to do with whether you are attractive or not. It has to do with whether your face and outfit works for the style nazi. It sounds like the perfect place for shallow people who pay far too much attention to outward appearance but its not for me.
    I thought Corisca Studios was quite a quirkly little place. I was a bit moody when I went (only once) so at first I thought it was a bit of a hole (and to an extent, it is) but it's fun, friendly and I had a good time. I went to an Echo event, so funky house/uplifting trance style.

That Maya place sounds like my personal hell :D It's pretty easy to pull anywhere in Soho to be honest, hell, I even pulled a guy in G-A-Y once.
    No, it has nothing to do with whether you are attractive or not. It has to do with whether your face and outfit works for the style nazi. It sounds like the perfect place for shallow people who pay far too much attention to outward appearance but its not for me.

Innit.

Fuck that shit, I'll take a sweaty pilled up night at dirty and grimey 'Happy Jack's' near London Bridge over that place any day.
    which clubs are popular among backpackers? aussies, yanks, europeans etc? can't stand the "attitude" and atmosphere you get in clubs full of british people. far too aggressive or self-satisfied
    Walkabout? :D
    go_away wrote: »

Lol I wouldn't really call the Walkabout a club....more of a bar innit.

Still the one in Brighton is wicked, it's always stop number 2. in our night out routine. :thumb:
    phoenix24 wrote: »
    which clubs are popular among backpackers? aussies, yanks, europeans etc? can't stand the "attitude" and atmosphere you get in clubs full of british people. far too aggressive or self-satisfied

Not a club as such but you'll most of the people there will be aussies and kiwis:

http://www.thechurch.co.uk
    Best club in London has to be MAYA on Dean Street in Soho. Only accepts good-looking people so you enjoy a club full of fitties only! Pretty easy to pull.

Sounds like a bunch of poseurs trying to out-mince each other. Sounds like those totally fake places you get in the West End full of apathetic twats.

Give me a place with atmosphere any day and people you'd actually want to speak to and who have something to say apart from how much their jeans cost.

The Electric Ballroom on a Friday is one of the best nights in London.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Lol I wouldn't really call the Walkabout a club....more of a bar innit.

Still the one in Brighton is wicked, it's always stop number 2. in our night out routine. :thumb:

I still havent been to brighton one. Some of the bar/clubs I aviod like the plauge but I'd quite like to go to the walkabout.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Or The Redback's Tavern? :razz:
    **Helen** wrote: »

One of my most hated places.
    QPRMichael wrote: »
    Hi guys, im turning 18 in june an i just wanted to find out any suggestions that you might have of clubs in London, i was thinking of ministry of sound but would like to know a few others.

Cheers

Wherever you go get your names on the guestlist in advance or be prepared to be turned away from every place you go to. I went to someone's London Birthday party and the only place we ended up in was Burger King - they see a large group of lads and no one wants to let you in - prebook in advance or don't bother coming to London.
    DG wrote: »
    Wherever you go get your names on the guestlist in advance or be prepared to be turned away from every place you go to. I went to someone's London Birthday party and the only place we ended up in was Burger King - they see a large group of lads and no one wants to let you in - prebook in advance or don't bother coming to London.

Or................. just stagger the times and numbers you turn up in.
    g_angel wrote: »
    Or................. just stagger the times and numbers you turn up in.

And what happens when one group gets in and the others don't?

London clubs can be very fussy. I think there's probably loads of better places to go to then London.

It's a Birthday party so if they don't bother prebooking and making some sort of effort to get themselves organised in advance they only have themselves to blame.
    DG wrote: »
    And what happens when one group gets in and the others don't?

London clubs can be very fussy. I think there's probably loads of better places to go to then London.

It's a Birthday party so if they don't bother prebooking and making some sort of effort to get themselves organised in advance they only have themselves to blame.

To be honest, I've only had issues getting in at shitty tourist cheesy clubs (which I very rarely go to). Mix it up with some girls in the group. Surely people know people of both sexes?

I do agree that pre-booking (and getting there early, so avoiding any queues) is a good idea.

Also, don't argue with the bouncers. If they say no, just stand around quietly outside. They'll be watching for attitude. Years ago (yes, in London) we got turned away for us being a group of lads (the girls we knew were inside). We just stood around discussing our options quietly and in a few minutes the bouncer came over and said "you seem a nice bunch of lads... come in". Wicked.

Simply put, attitude gets you nowhere. Also - make sure nobody is obviously drunk, as that doesn't help. Especially if you're young 'uns.
    The End does I think have the best sound system in London, however it can be a bit moody on D&B nights.

The Martin Audio soundsystem in Fabric is far superior.
    MoS is a complete waste of time IMO.

SeOne is good, just don't wear anything light, otherwise you'll end up with interesting rusty colours on you after sitting down ;)

But it depends on the event. I love Mass and the White House.

Danny Howells 7hr set @ Ministry last month was amazing.
    No its not. The layout is confusing, there isnt enough chill out areas, the sound system isnt that good, the lighting is nothing special, the mixed toilets are just wierd and its massively expensive.

The sound system is fucking brilliant.

The lineups are by far superior.

:eek2:
    bossa wrote: »
    The Martin Audio soundsystem in Fabric is far superior.

Shame about the rest of the club, eh? ;)
    The sound system is fucking brilliant.

The lineups are by far superior.

:eek2:

Depends on your views/tastes etc. I can't stand Fabric and point black refuse to go there any more. I laugh when my international mates (and people from around the UK) come to visit. Straight away, they mention Fabric and MoS as the clubs they want to go to, as those are the big Brand Names known. Shame for me and just about all the people I know, they don't live up to the hype (in fact, don't even come close).

I can cope with MoS on some nights as I have had mates run some nights there, and also play there quite often, so I know there will be a chunk of decent people in there. As a general rule though, I just don't bother. I find there is a lack of atmosphere, and far too many blokes eye-balling each other.

You know, I am *still* mourning the death of the four decent clubs this last 6 months :(
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Innit.

Fuck that shit, I'll take a sweaty pilled up night at dirty and grimey 'Happy Jack's' near London Bridge over that place any day.

Happy Jacks is gash.
    g_angel wrote: »
    Depends on your views/tastes etc. I can't stand Fabric and point black refuse to go there any more. I laugh when my international mates (and people from around the UK) come to visit. Straight away, they mention Fabric and MoS as the clubs they want to go to, as those are the big Brand Names known. Shame for me and just about all the people I know, they don't live up to the hype (in fact, don't even come close).

I can cope with MoS on some nights as I have had mates run some nights there, and also play there quite often, so I know there will be a chunk of decent people in there. As a general rule though, I just don't bother. I find there is a lack of atmosphere, and far too many blokes eye-balling each other.

You know, I am *still* mourning the death of the four decent clubs this last 6 months :(

Turnmills - glad its gone tbh.

For me fabric has everything. Decent crowd, amazing soundsystem and quality lineups. It is expensive , but its London!

Sounds like a brilliant place. :rolleyes:
    Turnmills - glad its gone tbh.

For me fabric has everything. Decent crowd, amazing soundsystem and quality lineups. It is expensive , but its London!

The cost doesn't really bother me. EVERY club in London is expensive ;)

I find the crowds in Fabric are shite though. No atmosphere, and not very friendly.

Turnmills had it's moments. Was never my favourite, not by a long shot, but for the rare mash-up with a certain couple of groups of friends of mine, I had some good times. Something I never had at Fabric - and I can make best of just about any situation. I just never felt comfortable there at all.