Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Good Clubs In London

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi guys, im turning 18 in june an i just wanted to find out any suggestions that you might have of clubs in London, i was thinking of ministry of sound but would like to know a few others.

Cheers
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    QPRMichael wrote: »
    Hi guys, im turning 18 in june an i just wanted to find out any suggestions that you might have of clubs in London, i was thinking of ministry of sound but would like to know a few others.

Cheers

The End. Soooooooooo much better than MoS. MoS is often just half full of wankers with an attitude problem. You need to check the ages on the doors though as I am not sure if they are over 21 or not.

Unfortunately you're a few months too young so have missed The Key, The Cross, Canvas and Turnmills. They all closed between NYE and Easter.

Sad times :(
    Buy a copy of time out the week before you want to go out - it shoudl list all of the clubs that are on that week - london is supremely excellent if you want to go and listen to a specific type of music are into a particular scene - if you just want a generic night out in a club listening to chart music then its pretty hard to find.
    The End does I think have the best sound system in London, however it can be a bit moody on D&B nights.

SE1 (known as the Drome to those of us who remember its dank days) is a good one too.
    budda wrote: »
    The End does I think have the best sound system in London, however it can be a bit moody on D&B nights.

SE1 (known as the Drome to those of us who remember its dank days) is a good one too.

You know, I've still never quite made it to SE1. It is up there on my list of places to try. I'm a bit off my clubbing at the moment, only very specific nights are appealing to me. Laurent Garnier @ The End was the last 'big' night I went to and it was rocking. I think the reason I am a bit off it is that I am bored of the whole 'Electro' sound (which Laurent Garnier is not). Just been around the scene for too long now.

Oh - for the record, I really don't like Fabric.
    MoS is a complete waste of time IMO.

SeOne is good, just don't wear anything light, otherwise you'll end up with interesting rusty colours on you after sitting down ;)

But it depends on the event. I love Mass and the White House.
    Trade ( if it's still going) but only if you like muscles and drugs :thumb:
    where isn't moody on a dnb night bb? i was at the end for dj marky set little while ago, awesome sound but a bit small and not enough sofas!
    Ahahah I love a bit of moody drum and bass - though i've never found people to be that moody as long as you smile at them - however i guess that sums up my whole point if you're really into your music all is good.

Mind you i'm impressed with your goodness of staying in and not going clubbing until the day you look 18 - cos most people i know where out from about 14 onwards at various clubs and stuff
    MoS isn't THAT bad, but yeah it's overrated.
    I agree with Wyetry, commercial clubbing nights are hard to find in London but there are plenty of organised raves and events for certain scenes...there's a great UK Hardcore and Drum & Bass scene in London...SeOne is brilliant, Happy Jacks has a good atmosphere, Fabric is wicked...
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Ahahah I love a bit of moody drum and bass - though i've never found people to be that moody as long as you smile at them - however i guess that sums up my whole point if you're really into your music all is good.

But you is a lady aint you? Its a bit different with men, many of whom seem to be annoyed if you walk vaguely close to them.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Fabric is wicked...

No its not. The layout is confusing, there isnt enough chill out areas, the sound system isnt that good, the lighting is nothing special, the mixed toilets are just wierd and its massively expensive.
    No its not. The layout is confusing, there isnt enough chill out areas, the sound system isnt that good, the lighting is nothing special, the mixed toilets are just wierd and its massively expensive.

I really like Fabric because of the lay out, the first few times I went I was getting lost left right and centre but once you get used to it I think its got quite a dark intimate feel to it.
    Only problem is when a big DJ is on in one of the rooms it can get a bit cramped trying to get in.

If you want a "non-moody" drum & bass night then you could always try Hospitality @ Heaven on Friday.

I'm still yet to go to the end, which I have heard nothing but good things about.

Agreed. I have nevr had what I would consider a good night there, and so now just don't bother. I gave it enough chances.
    But you is a lady aint you? Its a bit different with men, many of whom seem to be annoyed if you walk vaguely close to them.

Also agreed. I can't be dealing with that kind of crap when I am out to have a good time. It's not what clubbing should be about.
    But you is a lady aint you?

;D

:yes: Unfortunately this is usually the case at Drum & Bass events...not everyone is like that, but I do get very fed up of the 'dark' and 'hard man' vibe that you get, even though I love the music.
    It's so funny when you're at a rave with different music rooms, you can go from the bouncy, ecstasy fuelled, happy, smiley, loved up party vibe of the Hardcore room to the dark side, dirty vibe of the Drum & Bass room...and then back again. :D
    It also always gets SO fucking hot in D'n'B rooms...I blame this on the 'Junglists' who insist on wearing about 3 hoodies with about two of the hoods up and a baseball cap inside a fucking heaving, hot and sweaty room full of pilled up ravers, because they wanna keep up the 'gangsta' look. :rolleyes:
    JamesZero wrote: »
    I really like Fabric because of the lay out, the first few times I went I was getting lost left right and centre but once you get used to it I think its got quite a dark intimate feel to it.
    Only problem is when a big DJ is on in one of the rooms it can get a bit cramped trying to get in.

Fair enough, its personal choice at the end of the day, to be frank its also largely the cost of the place which put me off.
    :yes: Unfortunately this is usually the case at Drum & Bass events...not everyone is like that, but I do get very fed up of the 'dark' and 'hard man' vibe that you get, even though I love the music.
    It's so funny when you're at a rave with different music rooms, you can go from the bouncy, ecstasy fuelled, happy, smiley, loved up party vibe of the Hardcore room to the dark side, dirty vibe of the Drum & Bass room...and then back again. :D
    It also always gets SO fucking hot in D'n'B rooms...I blame this on the 'Junglists' who insist on wearing about 3 hoodies with about two of the hoods up and a baseball cap inside a fucking heaving, hot and sweaty room full of pilled up ravers, because they wanna keep up the 'gangsta' look. :rolleyes:

That is sadly the case, its especially apparent at somewhere like Raindance where you have the two rooms side by side.

At the risk of stepping onto dodgy ground, there does also sadly seem to be a strong racial divide between the music crowds.
    Fair enough, its personal choice at the end of the day, to be frank its also largely the cost of the place which put me off.

Yeah, can't argue with that... I end up spending far to much there when I go there.
    I do like some of the nights though, I go more for the breaks than the Drum & Bass. Plump DJ's host a good night there called Eargasm.

I agree with you all about the moody people with drum and bass sometimes. It's not always the case but it is annoying. Like g angle said I just wanna go out and have a laugh.

I don't go to gigs or raves anywhere near as much as I used to though.

At the risk of stepping onto dodgy ground, there does also sadly seem to be a strong racial divide between the music crowds.

Yeah there does seem to be, espescially in London. There are lots of white people at D'n'B events aswell though, who are just as likely to start shit.
    Yeah there does seem to be, espescially in London. There are lots of white people at D'n'B events aswell though, who are just as likely to start shit.

I was far from suggesting that its because of the racial divide that you get moody people, its just a shame that there isnt more of a mix.

The hardcore scene has always struck me as a lot more inclusive than D&B, is it simplistic to suggest that its drug fueled with coke being prefered in D&B and MDMA in hardcore?
    The hardcore scene has always struck me as a lot more inclusive than D&B, is it simplistic to suggest that its drug fueled with coke being prefered in D&B and MDMA in hardcore?

That's probably quite true... although I'd say Alcohol and Marijuana are the most popular drugs at D'n'B events.
    There is quite often coke going around hardcore raves too, but MDMA is definately the drug of choice.
    is it simplistic to suggest that its drug fueled with coke being prefered in D&B and MDMA in hardcore?

I would say its more to do with the event and the club rather than the specific music genre.
    For example I used to go to One Nation all the time at Brixton and although I really enjoyed the event it was pretty moody, where as things like Valve or hospital records nights you tend to get a lot more people who are there specifically for the music and to have a good time.

I don't know much about hardcore but I'm sure its the same. Some events attract idiots, some attract people looking for a good night out.

I def think the more commercial and well known the event is the worse kind of crowds they get because its people going for the sake of it rather than someone hunting down an event which is more tailored to them and that they would really enjoy.
    hospital records nights you tend to get a lot more people who are there specifically for the music and to have a good time.

I def think the more commercial and well known the event is the worse kind of crowds they get because its people going for the sake of it rather than someone hunting down an event which is more tailored to them and that they would really enjoy.

:yes:
    Like g angle said

That is my wrestling name
    g_angel wrote: »
    That is my wrestling name

:lol:

Oops!

That's certainly true. I wasnt trying to suggest that all D&B fans are moody, its just there does seem to be more of that element with the D&B scene.
    :lol:

Oops!

:D
    That's certainly true. I wasnt trying to suggest that all D&B fans are moody, its just there does seem to be more of that element with the D&B scene.

Yeah I totally agree... which I find a big shame.

But I'm pretty open to music types so there is plenty to choose from if your looking for a decent night out.
    If you like smaller, more intitmate clubs with a warehouse party vibe, then check out Corsica Studios in Elephant & Castle. Everybody always has a wicked night there and the staff are the friendliest in the world. One has been unofficially named as the coolest/nicest cloakroom attendant in the world who chats to everybody and splashes them cigarettes. It's open till 6/7am and there are plenty of transport links to after parties.

That and the music is wicked too hehe. www.corsicastudios.com