Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Having two jobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone here have two jobs?
how do you manage your time? was it something you found hard to get into a routine?

I have been offered an apprenticeship which is great but it would mean that my monthly income with come down, for the first year my new hourly rate would be below the minimum wage, i am thinking that by having a second job would help make managing money easier.

i guess i would have to get the 2nd job either working in a supermarket in the evenings or see if i can stay where i am at the weekends only.

has anyone else been in similar circumstances before?

Comments

• Options
    I had 2 jobs for a while. I worked full time during the week and 8 hours over the weekend. It got to me after a while and I was craving free weekends (also cos I hated the weekend job).

See how it goes I reckon. If you really want this apprenticeship then try it out. It may not be that bad having two jobs
  • Options
    I had three jobs for a while. It wasn't much fun but allowed me to save up a bit of money. I'd recommend trying to get a second job that's enjoyable and flexible. I worked at a big concert venue, so a shift meant I got to see a gig/comedy show.
  • Options
    I have two jobs at the moment and it's hard. I'm currently working 9-5 at one Monday to Friday. Then on Friday after work and Saturday night I work at a club which means I'm working from 9pm till about 7/8am. It's killing me :(