Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Smoking at the airport

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Im just wondering if anyone knows about whether you can smoke at the airport. Ive not been since the smoking ban and wondered if they have like an outside area after you go through passport control, or if not because its a security risk or something.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    don't think you can. you will have to smoke your final cigarette before you go into the terminal.
    Depends on the airport, some places have little smoking cabins which are totally enclosed with ventilation to suck the smoke out somewhere. But generally the answer is no.
    id suggest maybe those nicotine inhalers if youre worried about going too long without a cigarette. My boyfriend used those on the last long haul flight he did, and someone else i know reckons they are better than the chewing gum.
    Thanks for the replies. Think I will have to get something, dont fancy going hours without one!
    Depends where you're flying from , Luton didn't have a smoking area, and once you went to departures you couldn't smoke until you got to the other side (there were lots of cig butts stubbed out in the toilets though)

I believe either heathrow or gatwick has a dedicated outside smoking area in one of the departure lounges though. but i'm not sure which one.
    I have travelled recently from Heathrow and you can only smoke BEFORE you enter the terminal. There is NOTHING beyond there. I suggest checking your bags in and then staying outside of passport control until the last moment.
    I would do but Ive paid £18 for an airport lounge so wanna get my moneys worth!! Im flying from Manchester, sounds like I'll just have to do without.
    In dublin airport, the most recent airport i've been and before england got the ban you could smoke outside the airport and that was it.

Once you go through security no more smokes!>
    noog wrote: »

I believe either heathrow or gatwick has a dedicated outside smoking area in one of the departure lounges though. but i'm not sure which one.

I've flown from Gatwick and Heathrow recently and I couldn't find any smoking areas at all! It sucks, you have to smoke outside before you go on, and that's your last chance. I may be wrong but I searched high and low for a smoking area, trust! lol.
    I think there is a smoking area in the VIP departures lounge in Brisbane...
    Abu Dhabi and Doha airports have smoking rooms, but they're disgusting, there are no open windows or vents so you basically walk into a room full of smoke, your eyes watering from the moment you open the door, and your clothes will stink of smoke from them on! Singapore's smoking room is better, there are open windows.
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I've flown from Gatwick and Heathrow recently and I couldn't find any smoking areas at all!

Depends which terminal you were flying from. Maybe you were unlucky :p.
    just googled and heathrow/gatwick and luton are all completely smoke free after security. lame :(