Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Free stuff! Check it out ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Into Google type ...free recycle. Then find the one for your area and away you go. No buying selling or swapping ...just giving and taking.
Anything you think someone else might take off your hands ...books ...car ...bike teaspoons whatever ...give it away. Anything you want or need ...ask for it.
In the last month i have cleared two sheds full of stuff!
Less good useable stuff going to the dump.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    This that Freecycle website? It seems like a great idea!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    This that Freecycle website? It seems like a great idea!

It's brilliant ...ask and thou shall recieve.
    Giving is better than recieving.
    I'm gobsmaked by it.
    One woman has posted that she wants a car for her brother who's coming home from Canada next month and will need a set of wheels ...any old runner will do ...she won't be lending him hers.
    There are books pc's bikes sheds ornaments lighting sound and vision mobiles wedding dresses ....you name it it's there coming or going and moving briskly.
    All for free ...one of the best ideas i have seen on the web.
    Probably the best.
    http://freecycle.org/
  • Options
    I've been using it for a while. Good site. My friend has had a fair bit of stuff off it, and given some away too :).
  • Options
    Thought it would be of interest for skint students ...leaving them more money for beer and beans.
  • Options
    Yeah it's a nice site - lots of people in the office use it and we usually use it here if we are getting rid of any large items from the office (couches, fridge, etc)
  • Options
    It's a great idea. My friend got a huge rug from it.
  • Options
    My housemate and I rented an unfurnished flat and completely furnished it with items from that site. We got a 3-seater reclining couch, dining table and chairs, a coffee table, a double futon bed, a set of shelves, and a huge TV set! I've seen people give away CARS on that site!

I've had a damn good clearout of lots of my stuff over the past year or so and it's all gone to good homes!
  • Options
    yeah it can be great but there have been times where i haven't got anything when i've put a lot of stuff on....i think its just the time tho...
  • Options
    I dont understand how to join :(
  • Options
    You have to sign up to Yahoo, then sign in with your yahoo ID, and then join the group for your town/city.
  • Options
    Yeah - or in a slightly different order you can find the yahoo group that matches your city then sign up to yahoo from there if you don't already have a yahoo account.

If you have a flickr account, for example, it should now be linked to a yahoo account so you can use that.
  • Options
    PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    Quick note - always be careful who you open your door to. If I am getting rid of stuff I tend to leave it in the driveway and let them know what time they can get it and not to commit to helping them with it if it's a large item, especially if you are on your own. You may also find people are super keen to get something then never turn up, but on the whole I've only ever had good experiences with it. Makes you feel all warm inside!
  • Options
    I'm registered but I don't quite understand it. How do you register your interest in an item? And if you put a 'wanted' post up how do people contact you if they have what you want?
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    I'm registered but I don't quite understand it. How do you register your interest in an item? And if you put a 'wanted' post up how do people contact you if they have what you want?

Its not much different than using this place ...look on the left for messages ...browse them ...double click on an inttersting items and reply ...what you have trouble with?
  • Options
    This site is wicked!

Thanks!