Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

i am scared...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
for i have to go an see my neurologist on monday to get given some form of diagnosis...and none of the possibles are nice:

epilepsy
MS
seizure disorder

i suppose i'm most scared about the MS as its so disabling, where as i could most probably take pills and not have any more problems with my fit/tremor things if its epilepsy, but i'm also scared that they won't be able to give me a diagnosis, which will mean that i have to continue having my episodes and putting myself at risk.

not sure if i'm looking for advice or sympathy or what, but whatever you're offering, i'm not really in a possition to decline.

thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It sounds a tough situation, but at least you are getting help for your seizures and trying to find out the cause. Although some of the outcomes seem scary once you know you will be able to start dealing with it.

I hope it all goes ok for you.
  • C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Hey Twisted Trinity,

It's not a nice feeling when you're awaiting results and it can really play on your mind. It's easy to say but try and forget about your appointment and enjoy the weekend. You can cross any hurdles when you come to them but for the moment just think of the best case scenario and it'll help put your mind to rest.

Try not to worry about it too much and I hope everything goes well on monday!

:thumb:
    my uncle has MS and he's a giant of a man. he cant work where he used to because it was too physical for him, but he is still mobile enough for cart racing.

he takes it easy, does some of the washing, ironing, which probibly wont confort you, but he still got pay from his job and i think he still does. its recently dropped a little, but he still gets paid.

good luck!
    epilepsy
    seizure disorder

What's the difference between these two?

My dad has epilepsy, but manages to lead a normal life, with the exception of being able to drive a HGV. (he has to come off medication for that, which he's not prepared to do) However, like me, (I had a it when I was 12, but do not have epilepsy) he does have have some lasting effects of the fits.
    OK:

good news: i definatly haven't got MS, and i can't drive - but i haven't got a licence anyway.

Bad news: they still aren't too sure what i have got, but there was definatly some abnormal brain wave patterns on my EEG, but not enough to rule in or rule out epilepsy. So i have to go and spend 24 hours in hospital hooked up to an EEG machine. They believe i have got a form of epilepsy but they need to be sure and find out how severe in order to medicate me properly. I just hope that whate ever they give me i can still drink on and not get too tired.
    hay! at least its not ms. thats the good side you can see! that must have been a relief. and at least they are getting there, which must be another good point. im guessing that if it was realy bad epilepsy, you would have already had a major attack that would have made it obious that you had it, so im gonna say that it cant be that bad. im not saying itll all be fine, but im thinking that maybe the worst isnt going to happen?

good luck and all the best.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I knew before everyone else haha :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Good to hear they ruled out MS, good luck for the rest :)
    So i have to go and spend 24 hours in hospital hooked up to an EEG machine.

I've had to do this and it's not fun at all.:( Good luck. Are they making you do stuff (test with no sleep, test with sleep) or are they just testing?
    i think they are jsut testing for the moment, but they may then do more tests with or without sleep
    ended up in A&E on friday, had seven seizures at college and ended in up in the back of an ambulance. they took bloods and they came back clear so there was nothing they could do.

i wasn't meant to be caining it last night, so i only had 2 drinks but i couldn't sleep so i have only had a nap this afternoon....

what the fuck is going on with my brain chemistry?
    :( Sorry to hear you're having a bit of a shit time of it at the moment.

I really hope they get to the bottom of what's wrong with you so they can treat it.
    I think the not knowing for sure is the worst bit usually... once you've got a diagnosis you can start adjusting.
    whatever don't worry too much...