Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need advice on best bank to switch to.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'v paid off all my debt with barclays and looking to say goodbye after filling in a complaint.

I know RBS used to do the £100 if you switch to them and halifax are doing it too i think but the halifax offer is onyl for people who earn have 1000 net per month coming in isnt it? im just short of it so it wouldn't apply i think.

Can anyone advise me on the best offers right now if you switch accounts? i'm having a hard time finding any good info even on the banks websites.

Comments

• Options
    I found this but it gives no terms and conditions for the £100 http://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/switchingtous.asp
  • Options
  • Options
    I've been really impressed with First Direct, but I think you need to put a set amount into the account each month for them.

Smile keep winning awards for being really good, although I've never actually met anyone with them.
  • Options
    I like HSBC, never had any problems with them.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Calvin wrote: »
    Neither have I - yet I suppose all banks are bad as each other..........
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Neither have I - yet I suppose all banks are bad as each other..........

Oh like most banks they are robbing bastards, but at least HSBC are nice about it. :D
  • Options

:yes: Apart from a couple of little issues (mainly with moving money from one certain account to another) I havent had a major problem in over 7 years with them.

I wouldnt touch Lloyds with a very long bargepole.
  • Options
    I wouldn't touch Halifax with a massive bargepole either - they are all utter fucking morons.

I'm a happy HSBC customer for the last 7 years also.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch Halifax with a massive bargepole either - they are all utter fucking morons.

I wouldn't touch them because of their shit adverts. :thumb:
  • Options
    I'm tempted to just switch to Natwest because of the Young Person's railcard
  • Options
    I wouldn't touch them because of their shit adverts. :thumb:

halifax.jpg

This your boyfriend Cal? ;)

Rach - just make sure they give you it and dont screw you over for it like they did with me - bastards. I didnt get mine so went with a better bank - its worth it for the £20 a year.
  • Options
    I am still pondering. Why didnt they give you it?
  • Options
    Cos they are cunts. Basically 'we didn't recieve your form' on five different occasions.
  • Options
    HSBC would be fine if you could ever speak to a real person in a real branch. All the cashiers at our local branch have been replaced with a hotline straight to a recording of Greensleeves with an Indian man telling me that my call is important and will be answered just as soon as they're done interrupting a recording of Greensleeves to tell me that my call is important.
  • Options
    Odd that. I've never had a problem with HSBC, all the 4 branches I use have plenty of staff in and cashiers too.

In Huddersfield they put some extra machines in to pay in money but you can still see a cashier if you want (plus the machine is quicker!)
  • Options
    Newcastle's main branch used to have about eight cashiers in, plus the paying in machines. Now you get two on a really good day, and unless you want to buy something from them you're directed to telephone banking.

Telephone banking has its place, but that isn't it.
  • Options
    Sounds like some of the Halifax accounts. You cant go to a cashier at all if you have a certain account - cash machine or Indian call centre.

The Leeds main branch is the same as it always was - the Huddersfield one was refurbed with these massive machines but still cashiers.

Maybe they are trying different things in different areas or just pissing around. Who can say!!
  • Options
    I've been with HSBC and ducked out when they started charging for graduate overdrafts - although i dont use mine anyway - it's principle!

Had quite a few problems with them over the years, so wouldn't recommend them.

Halifax are crap too, although they claim to be good.

Natwest are crap too.

I would recommend RBS - happy with the services they provide!
  • Options
    It's funny how that happens sometimes: RBS and NatWest are the same bank.
  • Options
    same with halifax and bank of scotland, i use bank of scotland, but when i used halifax i hated them, so in helpful, yet my bos saving card is actually a halifax card, lol