Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hey hey heyyy it's been ages!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
First of, I'd like to say hello to everyone and to let you know that i've missed the conversations and the help that we as a group provide to so many people.

Now, here's my issue. A few weeks ago I went to askthesite and asked a question, but I wasn't allowed to receive an answer due to the fact that I am not from the UK or Europe(not so sure if they even allowed mainland europe!)...

I would like to know why isn't it allowed, that ppl from other countries that have the same concerns, same worries, aren't allowed to get an answer from a site that's helped me so many times in such an honest and supportive way...

(well, until they made that "rule")
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately, for financial and legal reasons we're unable to respond to people who are based outside the UK.

Most importantly we can't guarantee the answers will link to appropriate organisations or in the case of many of the different sections of askTheSite will actually be correct legally.

We also recieve funding as a UK charity from UK trusts and funding bodies. This means that the funding that's available needs to be spent on answers from people in the UK.

The rule also wasn't recently made - we've never answered any questions from people who we could be certain were from outside the UK.

We think askTheSite is a wonderful service and it's taken many years to build within the UK. It'd be fantastic to see similar services throughout every country in the world - but I'm afraid that's not something we have the resources, as a UK charity, to do.
  • Options
    And just to make it clear - answers are available for everyone in the UK, regardless of where they are from. It's not that someone isn't, for example, a Uk citizen - they just have to be located in the UK when asking.
  • Options
    Now I understand..
    Fair enough, thanks anyways. :thumb:
  • Options
    PC gone mad I tells ye!
  • Options
    word :yeees: