Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Speed - how long approx until the comedown???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, tonight I did speed for the first time. I took a bag (don't know the specifics, only that it was a £10 bag in my area!) at about 2pm.

I took it as I only had an hours sleep last night due to a heavy night on the drink and had to work at 6pm. The plan was to drink before work, do my shift then go out afterwards to carry on the night. I was feeling bloody great on it and was proper psyched for carrying the night on, but my friends ended up bailing on me once I had finished work. So now I'm at home wide awake with work at 11am. My mood has gone downhill really badly because I've been let down, and my jaw is killing me from gurning!

My question is, how long do you guys think I'll be this wide awake for? I'm hoping the effects wont wear off until after my shift at work tommorrow, (I finish at about 4pm). I'm just worried that it'll get to about 6-7am and I'm gunna need to sleep. I have no more speed left so can't take anymore to keep me going either.

Also, I appreciate the comedown is probably different for everyone, but is it usually ok??? Don't want to be fucked for work tommorrow :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    jelly tots wrote: »
    Ok, tonight I did speed for the first time. I took a bag (don't know the specifics, only that it was a £10 bag in my area!) at about 2pm.

I took it as I only had an hours sleep last night due to a heavy night on the drink and had to work at 6pm. The plan was to drink before work, do my shift then go out afterwards to carry on the night. I was feeling bloody great on it and was proper psyched for carrying the night on, but my friends ended up bailing on me once I had finished work. So now I'm at home wide awake with work at 11am. My mood has gone downhill really badly because I've been let down, and my jaw is killing me from gurning!

My question is, how long do you guys think I'll be this wide awake for? I'm hoping the effects wont wear off until after my shift at work tommorrow, (I finish at about 4pm). I'm just worried that it'll get to about 6-7am and I'm gunna need to sleep. I have no more speed left so can't take anymore to keep me going either.

Also, I appreciate the comedown is probably different for everyone, but is it usually ok??? Don't want to be fucked for work tommorrow :banghead:
    Oh dear oh dear ...got to admit this made me chuckle.
    You'll feel shit probably ...not to far from now cos your on your own.
    You could start to halucinate ...hear thiungs ..imagine things.
    Slowly get more and more lethargic ...and spaced. With the jaw.
    You'll survive but might thibk twice before using what is a very powerful stimulant so thoughtlessly again.:D
    Me thinks your in for a rough but interesting night.
    Report back when it's all over....:yuck:
  • Options
    Oh dear oh dear ...got to admit this made me chuckle.
    You'll feel shit probably ...not to far from now cos your on your own.
    You could start to halucinate ...hear thiungs ..imagine things.
    Slowly get more and more lethargic ...and spaced. With the jaw.
    You'll survive but might thibk twice before using what is a very powerful stimulant so thoughtlessly again.:D
    Me thinks your in for a rough but interesting night.
    Report back when it's all over....:yuck:

:banghead: Crumbs. Thought this might be the case. Looks like I'm in for a long night and a long fucking shift at work
  • Options
    :banghead: Crumbs. Thought this might be the case. Looks like I'm in for a long night and a long fucking shift at work

I'm sorry but i do find this a little amusing ...i'm sure someone will be along to give me a telling off.
    You got hours me dear ...so hard to actualy ocupy your mind for long your going to find ..might start sweating a lot ...have a drink.Open the window.
    Irratable and fidgetry ...bit panicky maybe ...it'll pass.
    Manic cleaning tidying repositioning ...an overcharged brain all lit up and nowhere to go ...nothing to do ....so you become irritatingly and pointlessly busy ...better with like minded people than alone but ...your biggest challenge might be working.
  • Options
    You might acualy love it. I did.
  • Options
    I'm hoping so!
  • Options
    Go on 4onDemand online and watch the entire series of Green Wing - that's what I'm up to. :hyper:
  • Options
    well how did u get on?

could you not have pulled a sicky??
  • Options
    well how did u get on?

could you not have pulled a sicky??

The poor girl has ground her teeth to dust ...chewed through her cheeks looks twenty years older ...isn't going to go to work and is mumbling over and over ...never again ...never again!:D
  • Options
    gutted haha

you'll start wonderin not only why theres shadows following you but also who they're working for :nervous:

worst comedowns of my life have been from speed, you shouldnt be too bad tho if ya didnt take too much!
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    gutted haha

you'll start wonderin not only why theres shadows following you but also who they're working for :nervous:

worst comedowns of my life have been from speed, you shouldnt be too bad tho if ya didnt take too much!
    Probably a gram by the sounds of things.
  • Options
    aye the crash wouldnt be too bad!

speeds a nightmare, one line and thats me awake for 2 days ffs
  • Options
    Argh,

Today has really taken the piss! Was supposed to finish work at 4pm, and ended up finishing 20 minutes ago instead :no:

Not feeling as bad as I thought I would. Just really really tired and irritable with everyone. I think I prepared myself for the worst, so it's been ok. Still don't think I can sleep yet. Think that's more down to me needing to unwind though than because of the speed.

I think I'd definately take it again
  • Options
    Argh,

Today has really taken the piss! Was supposed to finish work at 4pm, and ended up finishing 20 minutes ago instead :no:

Not feeling as bad as I thought I would. Just really really tired and irritable with everyone. I think I prepared myself for the worst, so it's been ok. Still don't think I can sleep yet. Think that's more down to me needing to unwind though than because of the speed.

I think I'd definately take it again
    Glad to know your ok jelly:D Be careful cos if that was ya first time ...and you were left alone ...with nothing to do ...not knowing what was going to happen ...and having to make it into work ...and ending up saying ...I think i'd definately take it again ....you could end up finding it seriously moorish.
    Dangerous place to be.
  • Options
    Glad to know your ok jelly:D Be careful cos if that was ya first time ...and you were left alone ...with nothing to do ...not knowing what was going to happen ...and having to make it into work ...and ending up saying ...I think i'd definately take it again ....you could end up finding it seriously moorish.
    Dangerous place to be.

Cheers morrocan roll,
    Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I will only be doing it at weekends, and I'll try to make sure I don't end up home early! Never really thought things through when I toom it, but now I know what to expect I'll make sure things are different. :thumb:
  • Options
    Cheers morrocan roll,
    Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I will only be doing it at weekends, and I'll try to make sure I don't end up home early! Never really thought things through when I toom it, but now I know what to expect I'll make sure things are different. :thumb:

AND DON'T FORGET ....next time could be even stronger stuff ...be good ...be careful.
  • Options
    iv been addicted to speed for quite a long time now, i cant remember what the come downs are like, probably because im always on one. my advice 2 u is to stay away from it, i used to just take it at weekends and now im totally hooked, this doesnt mean that the same will happen to you and although no drugs are fine there are others that wont mess with ur head quite as badly or effect your daily routine the next day as much as speed does, plus after a while you will realise the ups not worth the down
  • Options
    carly18 wrote: »
    iv been addicted to speed for quite a long time now, i cant remember what the come downs are like, probably because im always on one. my advice 2 u is to stay away from it, i used to just take it at weekends and now im totally hooked, this doesnt mean that the same will happen to you and although no drugs are fine there are others that wont mess with ur head quite as badly or effect your daily routine the next day as much as speed does, plus after a while you will realise the ups not worth the down
    yEAH ...BEEN THER ...I NEVER USED TO COME DOWN EITHER ...JUST GET THINNER AND THINNER ...
  • Options

Really? My mates take speed every weekend. I wouldn't class them as hooked. They only take it for a night out and are fine on the stuff. Got another two bags today. One for tommorrow night, one for next weekend. I don't think I'll get hooked. Just gunna be using it socially.
  • Options
    everybody is different im just saying i am an example that it is possible to get hooked, i dont go longer than 2 days without taking the shit and the thing that really pisses me off the most is that out of all the drugs iv taken it is by no means the best. i know people who do just take it at weekends and have done for ages. but as people were posting their opinion i thought id send my advice too. try and drink plenty of pure orange juice, it replaces the vitamin c that the speed kills and i find makes me feel slightly better then when i dont drink it. enjoy and b careful
  • Options
    everybody is different im just saying i am an example that it is possible to get hooked, i dont go longer than 2 days without taking the shit and the thing that really pisses me off the most is that out of all the drugs iv taken it is by no means the best. i know people who do just take it at weekends and have done for ages. but as people were posting their opinion i thought id send my advice too. try and drink plenty of pure orange juice, it replaces the vitamin c that the speed kills and i find makes me feel slightly better then when i dont drink it. enjoy and b careful

Thanks carly18,
    How long have you been taking it for now? How long did you find it took you to become hooked?

Cheers for the advice on orange juice btw, never knew that :thumb:
  • Options
    . I don't think I'll get hooked. .

You just took me down memory lane ...those were the days.:hyper:
  • Options
    You just took me down memory lane ...those were the days.:hyper:

Change speed to coke and you got me too.

Jelly, well done for getting through it, as others have said...Speed can give some very grim comedowns. I've had some of the best nights ever followed by much worse days due to Speed. Glad to know that there's still good base going around though, so much shit in speed usually.