Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Debt problems/chaser (not typical problems)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last year when i moved into our new place I received a couple of letters regarding outstanding debts in my name, i found out it was my fathers debts as we share the same first and surname (however our middle names are different) i phoned them up and explained this and they said they sorted it (heck i was 6 when the debt was made) however i've received more letters from another company regarding the outstanding debt,

I phoned them today and spoke to the most rude and ignorant cunt ever. he first claimed it had to be my debt, when i explained the credit card was taken out when i was 6 he said it must be a computer error, out DOB were wrong and our middle names were wrong. YET he still wouldnt believe it weas NOT me and explained I am responsable, eventually he said he'll send it to the chase team HOWEVER i can expect more letters. I informed him if i do I will take legal action for harrassment as its been going on for years and go to the financial ombudsman and make a complaint as it is affecting both my credit rating and the debt is now apparently against the house we live in, (not good as i will be looking for car finance/short term loan soon)

so my questions are

1 - how do I stop this, they keep ignoring it even when I offer to provide evidence
2 - how do i make a complaint to the Financial ombudsman, the company in question who keep contacting me is Lowell Portfollio
3 - how do i remove this "debt" from my house/possible credit rating since this company are sure it is my debt and keep harassing me for payment

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    ffs! No help but what a pain in the arse.
  • Options
    C.A.B. is all i can think of ...wheres that fucking kermit when you need him aye?
  • Options
    Contact your local C.A.B. asap. If you want to complain start compling how many letters, how often, when you phoned and what was said and agreed, as far as you can remember.

Financial Ombudsman website Its a bit vauge so you might have to contact them for more specific advice.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    how can I check my credit file easily? sorry I've never had to do it before,

GWST, thanks very very much will phone Lowells and Write a formal complain on monday to send, I feel alot better now.
  • Options
    www.experian.co.uk is one way. I think there's a free 30 day trail on that one (you have to sign up then cancel the direct debit in time, otherwise it's £6.99 a month).
  • Options
    Hmmm bit warry bout having to suply my card details
  • Options
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/credit-rating-credit-score#check

Can go the £2 postal way, or the free online instant (but supply your card details, albeit securely) way...
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I had no problem using Experian, as long as you remember to phone them to cancl.
  • Options
    just signed up, awaiting my pin, wish i could get instant access now :(
  • Options
    Took a day or two from what I remember..
  • Options
  • Options
    you could get your dad to pay it ?

then all the problems would be solved! :)
  • Options
    M1nkeh wrote: »

Hahaahaaa fucking yeah course he will, last time i saw him i near busted his nose, not seen him for years, he's a fucking loser (get the idea)
  • Options
    M1nkeh wrote: »

The dad doesn't legally have to repay it, so why the fuck should he?
  • Options
    I think he should as hes an arse, Basicly he disapeared and left the debt, I don't know where he is. if i did this would be the least of his worries.

anyway I am waiting to see my credit report and i will do as GWST said and will write a letter (if its not against me on my credit report) to get them to stop sending the letters) and if it is to remove it as it's incorrect

Thanks GWST and Kermit =)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    The dad doesn't legally have to repay it, so why the fuck should he?

oh right well, i thought as it was his debt in the first place it would be 'the right thing'

nvm