Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hayfever coming and going

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I was younger I suffered from hayfever every summer. Maybe about four years ago I stopped getting any symptoms.

However since spring has come around this year, I've been suffering with hayfever again. I was out of the UK for a year, could it be that being unexposed to the UK pollen allergens for a year was enough to bring the sensitivity back? Or do these allergies just randomly come and go?

Comments

• Options
    Mines the same as yours. Suffered really badly as a kid, had it on and off as a teenager, didnt have any last year due to travelling and the wet summer. This year I've been hit with avengence.

Its probably due to flucations in weather conditions and pollen counts. Plus if you have lived in different places for uni etc then there might not have been the pollen your allegic too in that area.
  • Options
    Mine seems to flucuate too, there's all sorts that can affect it.
  • Options
    Mine comes and goes too. Thankfully hasn't come this year yet and it usually starts in March if it's going to so I might have got away with it this year :)

Maybe it's something to do with what crops they are planting in fields near you? Don't they rotate every few years or something? :confused: