Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

false eyelashes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i will be wearing falsies for the first time at the weekend, any tips? whats the easiest way to apply them? (i have ready glued ones) should i wear mascara as well, should i put them on last of all my make up? can i use them again? sorry so many questions :)

Comments

• Options
    I couldn't get them round my eyelids! They were straight and my eyelids are bendy! Although I used self adhesive so I think the ones with the glue are better
  • Options
    I used to wear the ones with the glue you apply and they always looked good! But I just used to get so wasted I cba putting them back on.

I always do my eye makeup first, wait about 10minutes to let it all set/dry and then chuck on the lashes! :)
  • Options
    Yes you can reuse them.

It helps to curl them around a makeup brush (thicker the better) to help them adhere to the natural curve of the eyelid.

Always clean them after each use.
  • Options
    Yeah, put your mascara etc on before you put them on...that's what it says on the leaflet that came with mine. They are fiddly but worth persevering with, I love wearing them now but it does take a steady hand and patience to put them on.
  • Options
    i just had a practice run, i applied all my makeup first but all the eye shadow got stuck to the glue, so they arnt sticky any more. I;ll have to use one of the additional glue strips... i will be applying them before all my other makeup when it comes to real deal. No thanks to anyone who suggested that
  • Options
    my sister wears them. She uses an eye liner first like covergirl, then puts the glue on her lids and the fake lashes. They look real!