Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Spots!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Really looking for some advice...

I have never been the spotty type, growing up I never had acne and was more the type who had one volcanic spot every so often. Everyone has always commented on how clear my skin is.

For the last month or so however I seem to be getting this spot kind of rash on my face... I guess they are spots but they are under the skin and not particularly raised at all. Problem is it started with a little bit on my right cheek and now there is quite a lot more with some on my left as well.

I'm getting a bit self conscious about it and I know they are probably more noticeable to me than anyone else but I really want to get rid of them.

Any ideas on what I can do? I don't mind trying Clearasil or something similar but as these aren't spot spots, i'm not sure it would help!

Heeeeelp!

Comments

• Options
    I spent today with a group of friends, one of which is a GP. Apparently what I have is a reaction of some kind so could be down to my makeup... not brilliant but at least I know I can do something about it!
  • Options
    Try avoiding make up for a bit, using something really plain and boring to wash your face (or even plain water) and make sure you rinse it well after shampooing etc. If it's a reaction that might help.
  • Options
    dont use clearasil, it can overdry your skin and cause more spots.
  • Options
    Have you changed any of your makeup, cleanser, nightcreams, etc recently? You may have a reaction to a particular product.
  • Options
    I agree about not using Clearasil. I used it when I was younger and it did my skin more harm than good.
  • Options
    Now that I know it isn't spots I won't use anything like Clearasil...

Up until 8 months ago I didnt wear much make up at all and never had problems, then my job changed and I do wear it every day... Had the reaction for about a month and only thing I can think of is moving from Boots own face wipes to Simple ones... moved to some Boots E-Vitamin ones now so will see if that makes a difference.

I would like to go without make up completely but I associate it with feeling good and as I have a customer facing job now it is quite a key part for me.

I may try a week without foundation or blusher and see if that makes a difference... can still use eye make up i suppose!