Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cashback websites

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering if anyone had ever used these and whether they were worth signing up for?

Had a look at quidco but they don't seem to have amazon there whom i buy most of my stuff online off of =/

Comments

• Options
    A lot of people on that Money Saving Expert website swear by them. I've never used one myself though, although I do get cashback from my credit card company, but that's only 1%.
  • Options
    I think quidco is the most popular, and seems to work. everyone on hotukdeals tends to give the deals and then quote the further savings with quidco..
  • Options
    I just my egg money credit card, i use it for all my monthly spendings, you can put it into credit and get 4% interest plus the 1% cashback. no faffing around with a website or only spending online either then.

as for quidco i had a look a while ago, i guess its worth it if you spend a lot online but i don't so i haven't used it to be honest. But its definitley worth it if you do imo.
  • Options
    My mum makes a small fortune on these kinds of websites. She buys everything she can through them, and then clicks on links or searches or somesuch, and gets extra pennies. She must make a good £50-100 a month, depending what she buys (insurance and financial products usually give you a good amount of cashback), but then she is retired and has the time to arse around clicking on 50-odd links a day.

I just use them when I'm renewing insurance or buying something big. For opening my new current account, I got £80. Not bad!
  • Options
    Ive used a couple - pigsback and greasypalm. I've got a few quid of bothof them, not great but better than a kick in teeth!
  • Options
    I've made about £200 from Quidco.

Kaffrin, is your mum a reader of the MSE Forums? They're mad on "daily clicks" there, she might pick up some tips :)
  • Options
    Kaffrin, is your mum a reader of the MSE Forums? They're mad on "daily clicks" there, she might pick up some tips :)

Aye, I think she is! She makes me laugh. She tries to get me into it too. I'm cool with the cashback thing, think that's a good idea, but the daily clicks... she's tried to sell it to me once by saying something like 'if you click this link 10 times every day you'll get £1.05 in 3 months time'. Ace :thumb: